Logging shock/strut travel

Discussion on Data Loggers, how to read your logs, what to improve, etc.

Moderator: RPM

bracketracer

Re: Logging shock/strut travel

#16 Post by bracketracer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Well no comments on my last post so just thought I would share a graph with you guys to see what you think.
This was a 1.224 short time....

John_Heard
Site Admin

#17 Post by John_Heard » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Looks like it's working ok. Which graph is what? Did you put one on the front too?

bracketracer

#18 Post by bracketracer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi John, Im new here and I see this forum looks like a all Nova forum but been reading for some time and looks like a good bunch of guys....

Its a computech data pro 45 and only put one sensor in the left rear as it has an anti roll bar and was told that you really don't need one in the other side...None in the front................yet :mrgreen:

That was my last pass and with some adjustment my short times went from 1.238 to where it is now but still think there is some left...

John_Heard
Site Admin

#19 Post by John_Heard » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:02 pm

We've actually got over 1500 people with only a small percentage of that which are Nova owners, guess we just post more often! But you're right, we've got a great bunch of guys here...

I assume your graph the middle trace is the shock travel? Looks like it's bouncing around quite a bit!

mytmouz

#20 Post by mytmouz » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:36 pm

bracketracer wrote:Hi John, Im new here and I see this forum looks like a all Nova forum but been reading for some time and looks like a good bunch of guys....
What Novas? :scratch: :D
Trucks are for haulin...

bracketracer

#21 Post by bracketracer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:54 pm

John_Heard wrote:We've actually got over 1500 people with only a small percentage of that which are Nova owners, guess we just post more often! But you're right, we've got a great bunch of guys here...

I assume your graph the middle trace is the shock travel? Looks like it's bouncing around quite a bit!

The straight line in the beginning is shock at ride height with me in the car. So if you look it extends about a 1/2 inch and then compresses just short of a 1/2..... The up and down is just about normal as it's bumps in the track from what Im told... Im new at this as far as the shock sensor so any info that you guys have I would like to here it :mrgreen: Thanks

bracketracer

#22 Post by bracketracer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:58 pm

mytmouz wrote:
bracketracer wrote:Hi John, Im new here and I see this forum looks like a all Nova forum but been reading for some time and looks like a good bunch of guys....
What Novas? :scratch: :D

Thanks!!!!!!! :thumb:

John_Heard
Site Admin

#23 Post by John_Heard » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:22 pm

If you overlay that shock travel info with accelerometer and driveshaft RPM it's easy to see where the car is spinning at and where the bumps in the track are at.