Why not to buy a rpm system

Discussion on Data Loggers, how to read your logs, what to improve, etc.

Moderator: RPM

racingj

Why not to buy a rpm system

#1 Post by racingj » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:21 pm

The egts don't read right the shock censor you cannot zero. If you call them they tell you everthing is incorrect that you have done, then you triple check what you did they still will not send you a new censor. Our egts read 1600 in one cylinder and 1080 in another then when we switch the leads it say's the cylinder that was hot, is now cold. Randy is the least helpful person i have met and dosen't stand behind his work. There is another guy that works there, he will try to help you out.

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Why not to buy a rpm system

#2 Post by John_Heard » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:10 pm

:scratch: I'm real tempted to say this one is BS - Randy's done nothing but give me outstanding support whenever needed, and he stands behind his products. I know for a fact that is the standard for RPM - for some reason whatever is going on with your deal is certainly not what the majority of people have experienced.

I'm sure Randy will see this here soon and will likely reply as he does support his products.

RPM

#3 Post by RPM » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:04 pm

Racingj,

I really have no idea where this comes from. If I spoke with you, and left you feeling that way, I should be horsewhipped. You have my sincere appologies for not providing the support you needed. It is our primary goal to do whatever it takes to help our customers. We will replace whatever you think is not working with new parts. Please call or email with what you need, and I will see to it that you get it ASAP.

Our policy is to always provide support far beyond what is expected and to do whatever we can to help our customers whenever needed, but it looks like I have made mistakes I am not aware of.

If there is anyone else out there that feels we haven't provided the support they needed, please let me know so I can make it right.

Regards,

Randy McMahon
RPM Performance Products

1320quick

#4 Post by 1320quick » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:42 pm

I'll be honest, I'm pretty surprised to hear something like this. I purchased an RPM Performance datalogger this year. During the install, I found that the power cable had an issue with the way it was molded. I called Randy and he shipped me a replacement that day. We have only used it two times so far and I called Randy last week to ask some questions and see if he would look at my logs. Randy was super helpful and had me email my logs to him. When the logs arrived, Randy called me back and went over the logs to help me confirm what I thought we were seeing. So far, I'm very happy with the price, quality and support that I've received from RPM and Randy.....
Ron
71 Nova - 3300lbs, stock suspended on a 275
5.35 132MPH in the thin Colorado air

COMP461

#5 Post by COMP461 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 pm

I only know that I have enjoyed the products that I have used from RPM performance, I have used them on all of my last projects, and the service is very uncommon, in that Randy will jump on a plane, or drive to you. Here are a few pictures of my last few cars and truck that have had his data logger on them

I didn’t even know that they was a data logger section on this forum, when goggle found it for me ,, I was just bored , and when I say this person posting ,I had to make a statement about my experience with Randy

Greg Hogue
Competition Eliminator 461 D/ED , C/ED , D/EA ,
Super Stock 4611 SS/DM SS/TB
Texas Outlaw Pro Stock 46
Diesel Power magazines Project X diesel winner Hot Rod Drag week 2006, 2007 , 4 ECTA land speed records
Nitrous Express Dmax Dragster
Dr Performance Nitro Flash Diesel Pro Stock Truck

MOOSE

#6 Post by MOOSE » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:12 pm

Im calling BS, that is 360* opposite of what i have experienced with RPM and Randy. i live just 45 mikles north of him and he has opened on Saturday so that I could get stuff from him. Unless he has all of a sudden became bipolar i refuse to believe this to be true.

You taking psychatropic meds Randy?????????

MOOSE

kick

#7 Post by kick » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:04 am

I'm another one to disagree. I purchased my dragster with a RPM System already in it and when I asked them for information on wiring and pins, they sent me all the info I asked for. Just a few weeks ago I purchased some sensors with cables and one cable was giving me a hard time and they sent me a new one in just 2 days, with a prepaid label for the return. He then called me and told me what he found and if everything else was OK. That's pretty good service to me.

I have some experience with other data loggers and I really like the user friendly RPM software, even if it doesn't have all the options as the others. Yes there are a couple things I would like to see in a new version, but I give them a 10+ in systems and service.

Jim

Stickshifter 55

#8 Post by Stickshifter 55 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:18 pm

I bought an RPM system this spring. I prepared all the cables and sent them back to RPM as required. They returned quickly. I have no complaints. Later I had a discussion with Randy regarding my input shaft magnet install. I cracked the magnet myself. After testing to see if the computer could still get a reading I verified that it did not. I called Randy and he sent me a replacement no questions asked. Just before logging on to this forum I sent Randy an email with some questions and if he stays true to form, I expect a reply tomorrow.

dragrace67camro

#9 Post by dragrace67camro » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Randy Has been good to me And His stuff works great And is alot less money then most -
when ever I call he is there and has taken great care of me - :scratch: so I dont know what else to say
1967 chevy Camaro 500 cu 13.5to 1 comp.

bracketracer

#10 Post by bracketracer » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:31 am

Well I don't even own one of his loggers and he has helped me out a few times with my questions :thumb: !!!!!!