NHRA Competition license & number

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

sc68z28

NHRA Competition license & number

#1 Post by sc68z28 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:04 pm

My license came in the mail over the weekend 8-)
On the back, under number is "730E" . Is that my competition # for my car? I am in Div 7.
And where is a good place to get the sticky numbers/letters to put on the car?

I got the cage cert back in Jan 08, made my first 2 passes in March.
Didn't get back to the track till the 4th of July. In 100+ degree weather (DA4500+) did the other 4 passes.
Here is vid from July http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISMBSgMaWEM

On both my full passes (9.86 & 9.79) went 1.38 in the 60' :D

The car was soft on MPH @ 133 :scratch: it was when I got home and really looked hard at the data logs, saw the problem.
The ECU was pulling out timing :shock: -5* at the hit, then every 2 seconds it took -5* more till almost half track.
In all the ECU took 20 degrees out, left me with 8.25* of ignition advance from the 1/8th on.
Didn't know an engine could even run with only 8* of timing. The fix was simple, just turn off the power adder enable switch that was on in error.

Here is the log showing only timing, TPS, and IAT. you can see the blue line drop everytime it pulls 5*

BTW I know those IAT's are out of control, over 200* at half track :shock: . I'm adding an alky nozzle to the intake.

---Bill.
68 Camaro, 380ci, Procharger, G-force 5 speed, EFI, 7" 2 disc clutch, best ET 8.69 @159
Best 60' vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OLzx5jBo4w

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: NHRA Competition license & number

#2 Post by John_Heard » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:51 am

Bet putting that timing back in is gonna wake things up!

Don't know about the license number, I just sent my paper work in last week to get mine. Sounds like that's your number though.

wikd69

#3 Post by wikd69 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Bill,

I was showing this post to a buddy of mine and he said 'Hey! I know that car!'. Bill Creech runs a car called 'Lil Demon' (no relation to the earlier version from the 70's, tho the name today is used with permission). He said that he had his hotrod at Tuxie's back in Sept 06 and was parked across from you - he said you and he chatted for a bit - dunno if you recall his ride, but the pix are below. The last pix shows his new paintjob, courtesy of McPeak in Riverside. Bill is originally from Riverside and has lived here in the Sac area for several years. He's been racing for a long while has helped me out a bunch on my adventures at the track. In fact, he's the guy wearing the floppy hat taking videos of me at the track. He shows up in one of my burnout pix I posted here.

Small world, huh ? :-)

Here's a shot of his Demon parked at Tuxie's that nite - he said you were parked directly in front of and across from him.

Here's what the Demon looked like on the track back in 2006....

That Tuxie's cruise nite in Sept 06 was the last time he had it in legal (sort of) street trim - since then it's been getting more and more race dedicated and is running pretty fast.

And here's what it looks like now...

His best run so far in the 1/4 was a 9.38, but he's bizzy stuffing a new bullet in it with a bunch more HP. He's hoping to be down in the low teens or high oughts with the new build.
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

sc68z28

#4 Post by sc68z28 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:13 pm

wikd69 wrote: Small world, huh ? :-)
Here's a shot of his Demon parked at Tuxie's that nite - he said you were parked directly in front of and across from him.
Yep, small world!! I remember that night well. We talked back and forth alot. Lots of story telling, I remember Bill was from somewhere north of Stockton. He spoke of driving down (south) to Stockton or Modesto area and getting hassled by the man. As I remember he was told to head back north and they would look the other way, and it was implied "Don't come back around here with that car" Or something like that's what I remember anyway.

I was parked directly across, who ever (Bill I assume) took that pic could have allmost touched my car from where he was standing.

Tell him Hi, and mine doesn't see street trim much anymore either. Congrats on the low 9's

---Bill.

68 Camaro, 380ci, Procharger, G-force 5 speed, EFI, 7" 2 disc clutch, best ET 8.69 @159
Best 60' vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OLzx5jBo4w