rear end jig

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

krazyhorse1

rear end jig

#1 Post by krazyhorse1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:49 pm

Hey everybody, I was wondering if any body might know where i can get a rear end narrowing jig. chassis engineering used to have one but i dont see it on there web site. I emailed but have not got a reply back yet. I need one for my shop. Thanks ahead everybody. i need one soon.

wikd69

Re: rear end jig

#2 Post by wikd69 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:59 am

krazyhorse1 wrote:Hey everybody, I was wondering if any body might know where i can get a rear end narrowing jig. chassis engineering used to have one but i dont see it on there web site. I emailed but have not got a reply back yet. I need one for my shop. Thanks ahead everybody. i need one soon.
Chris Alstons Chassisworks has them (www.cachassisworks.com)

(there may be others out there, but for certain you could hit Alstons for these jigs below)

REAREND-NARROWING JIG
Price $ 459.00
Proper alignment of housing ends is obtained with a 1-11/16" ground shaft which uses screw on axle adapter ends. Includes carrier bearing adapters for Ford 9", Dana 60, Chevy 12 bolt, Mopar 8-3/4" and Early Olds rear ends. Kit is complete with housing end adapters for Mopar, Early Olds, Big Ford, Mustang, Camaro, and Impala rear ends. It also includes a taper end to align the housing tube. We include our custom rear end worksheet to make measuring and narrowing your rear end easy. This jig can be used to install a 40-spline Strange spool with the optionally available adapter (part no. 6709).

NARROWING-JIG ADAPTER (40-SPLINE STRANGE FLOATER)
Price $ 37.00
For use with Chassisworks rearend-narrowing jig. This housing end adapter allows you to install a 40-spline Strange floater spindle.

FORD 9" FACEPLATE ADAPTER (ONLY)
Price $ 329.00
This adapter plate bolts to the housing in place of the Ford 9" third member and clamps the alignment shaft tightly in place. It includes a pinion gauge for accurately measuring tube lengths for cutting the housing before welding on new ends. Use with our rearend-narrowing jig (part no. 6708) to make narrowing a Ford 9" rear end easy.

FORD 9" FACEPLATE W/NARROWING JIG, FOR FORD ENDS
Price $ 469.00
This complete narrowing jig fits a Ford 9" and Chassisworks FAB9 housing. The faceplate bolts on and provides the pinion center gauge as well as a set of clamps to hold the center shaft. The 1-11/16" ground shaft has a threaded end to accept the housing end adapter. This housing end adapter fits small Ford, Early Big Ford and Late Big Ford.
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

krazyhorse1

#3 Post by krazyhorse1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:37 am

thanks wiked, chassis engineering got back to me today and told me you could get them from bhj products (bhjproducts.com). they have all kinds of other tools as well. looks like a pretty good site you might want to check it out.

wikd69

#4 Post by wikd69 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:00 pm

krazyhorse1 wrote:thanks wiked, chassis engineering got back to me today and told me you could get them from bhj products (bhjproducts.com). they have all kinds of other tools as well. looks like a pretty good site you might want to check it out.
Cool beans - I'll check them out
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm