New drag racing simulation/game

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

db_erickson

New drag racing simulation/game

#1 Post by db_erickson » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi all. I’m not sure if anyone on this forum remembers the drag racing game "Burnout" but I was the original developer of the product. I’ve been working for the last 10 years or so on new simulation technology and I’m ready to apply it to another game/simulation. I’m about 40% complete on my new product. So, I’m asking for help in two ways:

First, I’ve entered a product concept contest to hopefully raise some money to move development forward faster. If you all would go vote for my project it would help a lot. You can go to this link to vote:
http://www.saltvalleytally.com/campaign/detail/211
Make sure you click on the confirming email or the vote won’t count. Your email is only used to validate your vote. There will be no spamming. If you don’t see a confirmation email, check you junk mail, sometimes they have shown up there. Feel free to share the link with as many others as possible. Any vote helps.

Second, I would like your input on what the most important features in the product will be. I have some very sophisticated simulation technology including:
* A multi-cylinder engine model
* Dynamic chassis simulation (actually models the twist and flex in the chassis)
* Dynamic tire model (the tire flexes and deforms)
* Sophisticated aero modeling (actually calculates aero forces on each surface of the body)
* Etc.
There are a hundred or more parameters to tweak and we’ll have a list of pre-built parts and vehicles to choose from.

Anyway, I would love to hear your ideas and feedback.

Thanks, and remember to vote!

BracketNova

Re: New drag racing simulation/game

#2 Post by BracketNova » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:01 pm

I remember...and have...that game. I would think the aero stuff would be cool.
"I always compare drag racing to lighting $100 bills on fire, only it's more expensive." - Craig W.

Check out my website...
http://www.findmoneyraces.com

'71 Nova E85
6.69 @ 100.2 MPH 9/6/14
1.4257 60'
1700' DA

13:1 439 BBC
3330 lbs

db_erickson

Re: New drag racing simulation/game

#3 Post by db_erickson » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:02 pm

It is. The cool thing is it will actually work for aircraft and boats as well. Maybe a drag boat sim in the future :)