Air Pan

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

Bruce69Camaro

Re: Air Pan

#16 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:56 am

The one thing that sticks in my mind is, I was told without inner fenders, there is a lot of turbulence under the hood and if the pan is not sealed correctly, this "bad air" could cause issues entering into the pan/ carb?

Is this a correct statement?
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

John_Heard
Site Admin

#17 Post by John_Heard » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:18 am

Bruce69Camaro wrote:The one thing that sticks in my mind is, I was told without inner fenders, there is a lot of turbulence under the hood and if the pan is not sealed correctly, this "bad air" could cause issues entering into the pan/ carb?

Is this a correct statement?
I believe the word "Could" is correct, yes maybe, maybe not. I can say there are a LOT of very fast race cars without inner fenders and if this was a common issue you would see a lot more of them running them. Here's what you do, go out and build some inner fenders and make back to back runs with and without, same day, same conditions and see if you notice any difference.

Bruce69Camaro

#18 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:23 am

That was going to be my next project.......right after I make a few runs.

I need something to do over the winter.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch: