Hardtire race

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

ytnova

Hardtire race

#1 Post by ytnova » Wed May 21, 2014 8:13 am

I had a pretty good weekend. I decided to support one of the newer race series here in florida, the Florida Street Outlaws. Pretty good event that I am sure will grow with time. They had two classes, the first was a unlimited class for back half cars which ran 1/8 mile and the other was a dot hard tire class that ran 1/4, had to do a short cruise @15 miles, no back half cars and no drag radials or cheater slick style tires. It was supposed to be a unprepped track, but they actually just scraped the first 60 feet and did not prep the starting line, so not totally unsafe. Not my favorite type of racing, but a good time none the less. Anyways, for the first time in a long while, I went all the rounds and got a win. Kind of nice to actually go home with more money than I spent to get there. It took me about three test runs to figure everything out, a polished concrete surface with no rubber on it was tough, but once I did, I had everybody covered and felt no need to get more aggressive with how the car ran.
I am not really sure what the question is, but I am pretty sure the answer is Big Block.

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Hardtire race

#2 Post by John_Heard » Wed May 21, 2014 2:24 pm

That's cool, congrat's on the win!

Carolina Kid

#3 Post by Carolina Kid » Wed May 21, 2014 7:34 pm

ytnova wrote: I went all the rounds and got a win. Kind of nice to actually go home with more money than I spent to get there.
Thats always a good thing!
Congrats on your WIN! :thumb:

ytnova

#4 Post by ytnova » Thu May 22, 2014 10:09 am

Thanks guys. Kind of funny, when the car was faster, I couldn't buy a round win in a heads up race, now that is a second and half slower, I win. WTF?
I am not really sure what the question is, but I am pretty sure the answer is Big Block.

Bruce69Camaro

#5 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue May 27, 2014 7:21 am

Very cool, congrats on the win....can I borrow some money?
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

ytnova

#6 Post by ytnova » Wed May 28, 2014 7:55 am

Ha!! long way to go before I break even. Money has already been spent ordering parts anyways. What is that old saying, How do you make a small fortune racing? Start with a large one.

supernova

#7 Post by supernova » Wed May 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs