Welcome Randy McMahon our new Data Logging Guru

Discussion on Data Loggers, how to read your logs, what to improve, etc.

Moderator: RPM

John_Heard
Site Admin

Welcome Randy McMahon our new Data Logging Guru

#1 Post by John_Heard » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:00 am

Please take a minute to welcome Randy McMahon, owner of RPM Performance as our new Data Logging Forum Guru.

Randy has quite a history in the performance industry, he's been working with data acquisition computers since 1981 and has been specializing in racing electronics since 1992.

He's been addicted to racing since 1969 when he got his first car. Since his company was started in '92, he has worked as crew on Fuel Funny Cars, Fuel Dragster, several alcohol and Comp cars. Although the responsibilities of running a business prevents him from full time racing, he and his partners run two Top Sportsman cars and an Altered.

With a background of reading and interpreting data acquisition graphs for over 20 years, Randy says he's on better "speaking terms" with squiggly lines than most people :D . As you can expect, for someone that has been designing and selling racing data loggers for 12 years, he's read and analyzed a ton of graphs from everything from weekend bracket cars to Top Fuel.

Randy's a real good guy and has been very helpful to me getting my logger setup, I think he's going to be a great asset to the members of this board and we're all going to learn a lot from his shared knowledge.

Welcome aboard Randy!!

PS: Don't expect replies immediately from Randy, he does have a business to run and is doing this in his spare time...

John Heard

62novaks

Welcome aboard Randy.

#2 Post by 62novaks » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:25 am

Looking forward to any advice that comes to the brd.

Bobalos

#3 Post by Bobalos » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:11 am

Hey Randy,

Welcome to the board, thanks for spending some time with us flunkies helping us with our programs. we appreciate it a bunch.

I just checked out your site & had a quick question. I see you have a 50 Lb Pressure X-Ducer available (DP50 0 - 50 PSI Sensor $98.00). is that one of the newer electronic flavors that have 3 wires on it. you input 5 Vdc into it, & get a .5 to 4.5 Vdc linear output (& a ground)?

thanks a bunch.

Bob

RPM

Pressure sensors

#4 Post by RPM » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:00 am

Hi Bob,

You are correct, three wire, 5 volt power, .5 to 4.5 volt output and ground. This type sensor is available in pressure ranges from 15 PSI to 10,000 PSI. Depending on your application, they can also come in 12 volt power configurations.

Regards,

Randy

Bobalos

#5 Post by Bobalos » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:19 pm

Right on Randy thanks. I will get with you off line & pick one up.

thanks again
Bob

HotRodBurt

#6 Post by HotRodBurt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:58 pm

Welcome Randy!