nova ladder set up

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

bigblock1001

nova ladder set up

#1 Post by bigblock1001 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:45 am

i just purchased 70 nova with ladder bar and 9".leaf spring mounts gone.has coilovers through the floor and welded to a cross bar between the down tubes on roll cage.being a unibody car this does not seem very attachment point being the cage is welde to plates welded to floor.any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.motor will be about 500hp.thank you

MOKANRACER

Ladderbars

#2 Post by MOKANRACER » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:01 pm

I installed a set of ChassisWorks Ladders on my 62 Chevy II. Did the same thing,only used the rear sub frame as the support for the coil-over cross tube . I cut out 1/4" plates,cut same hole size as cross tube and welded those on the ends,and bolted them thru the sub frame in back,than welded the plates on after I was sure the fit was correct.My rear sub frame is now connected with sub frame connectors ...

bigblock100

thank you

#3 Post by bigblock100 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:26 pm

thanks for the info
i will see if i can drop the coil overs low enough to do this
thanks again

MOKANRACER

Re: thank you

#4 Post by MOKANRACER » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:44 pm

bigblock100 wrote:thanks for the info
i will see if i can drop the coil overs low enough to do this
thanks again
Hope it gives you some useful ideas.You can see a pic or 2 of my car underconstruction if you click on my webb site,rogerthat in my signature block.There are 3 pages.I think on the 1st page lower right ,is a picture of the shock tube after installation.

web site

#5 Post by web site » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:06 am

thanks for the pics.that helps a lot.great web site,ill keep an eye on your progress

MOKANRACER

Progress

#6 Post by MOKANRACER » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:43 am

web site wrote:thanks for the pics.that helps a lot.great web site,ill keep an eye on your progress
(Oh my car is done,) :roll: except for the cosmetics, and paint etc. I,m on my 3rd mtr.lol