Coil overs

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

Goat Hearder

Coil overs

#1 Post by Goat Hearder » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:57 am

We got the coil over kit in and went to test and tune tonight. Really are happy with ET improvement . First pass out was a 7.30 then a 7.16 and a 7.19. 60' 1.57 & a 1.58, forgot the other one. Deviated on a suggeston recieved and my buddy, who pays the frieght, decided with the rear weight we have the 95lbs. springs as the better way to go. Shock ride hieght at 14". Ended up dumping tire pressre and believe that was most of change from a spinning launch and a 7.30 to a 7.16. Best of all car went straight and none of my welds broke! Believe more potential is to be had but for now very happy! Would like to thank every one who had responded to my earlier post . I guess being an old fart and stubborn ain't the fastet way to go. Would have thought that the old rear suspnsion would get the car into low 11's high10's. Have a Buddy who's brother ran an early duece to 9.90's on OE mono leaf rear springs! Come to think of it He said it got real wierd on big end, just before back halving car! Any way thanks again! :D