4 link adjustment on drag radial

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

soslojoe1970

Re: 4 link adjustment on drag radial

#31 Post by soslojoe1970 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:07 am

I know your trying to help, but in the forum format that is a little to much info to let out. I already had several people at our local track come up to me and said they saw me on here and started asking me questions. I would love your input but maybe a way to be one on one?
:cry:

want-a-be

#32 Post by want-a-be » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:21 pm

PMed you some contact information...if you're intrested. Up to you.

Don

Lethal_induction

#33 Post by Lethal_induction » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:29 pm

4-link set up for drag radial is totally opposite of the set up for bias (slick.)

With a slick you want the instant center low and forward in some cases driven into the ground. With a radial you want your instant center short and high. A radial car chassis likes separation where a slick set up likes to drive the tire into the ground and remain compressed. Of course this is all based off of properly plotting the geometry out and having enough adjustability to get where you want if not the you need to adjust ride height as necessary to get where you need.

A good resource for plotting your chassis is autocad of similar drawing software. I took all the dimensions and plotted them on the drawing software and you can plot all your instant center intersection points for all the adjustment settings and print them out. By doing this you can go through every possible adjustment for the specific set up and document which works for your particular set up and keep it in a file. Ultimately building a chassis based off of the geometry is best but you can still do pretty good with a back half set up as well.