Changing to coil overs on the front of 71 Nova

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

bert

Re: Changing to coil overs on the front of 71 Nova

#16 Post by bert » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:42 am

chpcamaro wrote:i must say getting the right springs for my car on my qa1's was a job and pricy lesson but they do work great now that i got them setup with the right springs also make sure you get the R's for dragracing. like john said do lots of reading and i hope you get lucky the first time with the springs you try. oh if you need springs i have a few brand new sets i'll sell cheap sense i will never need them now lol that i found the ones i needed
rob :mrgreen:
Thanks rob I may take you up on that, Every car is different but out of curiousity which sping did you end up using?
[youtube]pWMP4iSIAhk[youtube]

425 Olds

#17 Post by 425 Olds » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:48 pm

I use the QA1 coil over conversion and am very happy with them. They have the 250 lb springs. Pulls 1.30-1.32 sixties.

bert

#18 Post by bert » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 pm

425 Olds wrote:I use the QA1 coil over conversion and am very happy with them. They have the 250 lb springs. Pulls 1.30-1.32 sixties.
Hi there , Did you end up jacking the spring up quite a bit on the shock? I tried mine and the front end was squirley when I let off the throttle or use the brakes , Thats with the spring jacked up half way on the shock. I probably didn't have enough compression on the shocks but it felt soft and liked to dive.
[youtube]pWMP4iSIAhk[youtube]

425 Olds

#19 Post by 425 Olds » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Sorry for not getting back here sooner. My springs are about 3/4 the way up the shocks. When I was driving the car it was very stable. Jok tells me he launches the car and wouldn't need a steering wheel until he turns onto the return road :lol: .