Need advice on fox front suspencion

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

mopar540

Need advice on fox front suspencion

#1 Post by mopar540 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:40 am

Hi to everyone long time since my last post , i have some doubts on a proyect im building at the moment its an 1981 notch back fox mustang with a 496 BB mopar engine and i want to swap the front k member but theres really one that make me take the good choice for my car, im making that car to try to get to the low 9s with that combo i will appreciatte any advice on the best k member kit i can get and what can i do to the rear suspencion besaides the UPR upper and lower control armas , i was thinking to switch to coil over on the back

mi car with engine and stock k-member and front fiberglass nose and driver 2640 Pounds

thanks to everyone hope you can help me choose the good choice !!

HPDRIFTER

Re: Need advice on fox front suspencion

#2 Post by HPDRIFTER » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:02 pm

I haven't looked, but I assume that none of the Mustang k-member suppliers are going to have motor mounts for a MoPar, so you will probably be looking at either Elephant Ears or a motor plate. If that's the case, your selection of any specific k-member doesn't seem too critical unless it's for header clearance. What have you got in mind for headers?

Now that I've seen a Pontiac powered Mustang and heard about your MoPar/Mustang, I don't expect to be having to listen to too much more crap about my BBC Mustang! Thanks for the relief!

Let us know how it comes together. We like photos..............