Let's talk bias and over all weight.

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

71 chevy

Re: Let's talk bias and over all weight.

#61 Post by 71 chevy » Thu May 24, 2012 10:50 am

supernova wrote:Big O,
I bet I spend less than half of what you say it will cost to change to f/g. I know I'v priced everything!

As far as "THE CHART", every company out there that has a chart does not match any body else's chart. Sure a power setting should run that et but there are way to many veriables in car set ups to say that chart is what ones car will run at that power level. The same motor in 5 different car will run 5 different et's at a given weight. There are too many veriables..........

Yes there is more tuning to be done with my car. That said you work on yours and I will work on mine. At the end of the day you can be happy with your car and I can be happy mine. Ok? If that's not good enough than we can line'em up and see who's is fastest!!! Hey wait a minute yor car is lighter, you have bigger tires, you have twin turbos, your is on meth, that's not fair.

You see the deal is everyone thinks they know what's best for MY car and that just isn't true. You didn't even know it has metal fenders on it did you?

This thread has got way off topic! Feels like a YellowBullet thread.

I know what my car is and know what I want to do to make it faster. That's all that matters

sounds like you've got all the answers. hehe.

did you say line my car up with yours? are you kidding? that would not be a race, it would be a beat down. lol have you forgot im running a stock(even the cam is bone stock) 364cid truck motor that makes 325 hp in factory form? hell you probably spray more nitrous than this engine makes in na form. as i said, that would be a beat down, so no thanks. hehe

ok, maybe one time at the end of the season when my boost is all dialed in :smt077

supernova

#62 Post by supernova » Thu May 24, 2012 11:56 am

No I don't have all the answers! Nether did John Force when he built his first car.
My car has gotten faster every time I make changes and will continue to get faster as more changes are made that includes making it lighter with f/g parts.

I'm very happy with the results I got out of the car the last time out. The converter in its new configuration is working so much better that I now see some things that need addressing. AND will get addressed. Have you ever sorted out a car like this? I never have so I'm learning. I use to think I knew a lot but now I realize just how much I don't know. My car still runs 5.60's at 3600+ lbs. that's says a lot so far and will it get faster in the future.
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs

71 chevy

#63 Post by 71 chevy » Thu May 24, 2012 1:27 pm

supernova wrote:No I don't have all the answers! Nether did John Force when he built his first car.
My car has gotten faster every time I make changes and will continue to get faster as more changes are made that includes making it lighter with f/g parts.

I'm very happy with the results I got out of the car the last time out. The converter in its new configuration is working so much better that I now see some things that need addressing. AND will get addressed. Have you ever sorted out a car like this? I never have so I'm learning. I use to think I knew a lot but now I realize just how much I don't know. My car still runs 5.60's at 3600+ lbs. that's says a lot so far and will it get faster in the future.

you are so angry yet we are not saying anything different. I say you can get there with tuning, you say you can get there with tuning. so where is the debate???

ok, now Im done with this thread lol

supernova

#64 Post by supernova » Thu May 24, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm not angry! Not at all. I don't understand why you keep dictating what you think I should do with my car. If you know so much about my car and how to make it faster then give me $40,000.00 and you can do what ever the you want with it.

I would still like to know what kind of bias weights and overall weights others run there car at. Anybody?

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

new wt. 3340 lbs

Carolina Kid

#65 Post by Carolina Kid » Thu May 24, 2012 2:34 pm

supernova wrote: My car still runs 5.60's at 3600+ lbs. that's says a lot so far and will it get faster in the future.
And I must admit those are pretty good #'s for a nova! :thumb: :smt003

71 chevy

#66 Post by 71 chevy » Thu May 24, 2012 2:43 pm

supernova wrote:I'm not angry! Not at all. I don't understand why you keep dictating what you think I should do with my car. If you know so much about my car and how to make it faster then give me $40,000.00 and you can do what ever the you want with it.

I would still like to know what kind of bias weights and overall weights others run there car at. Anybody?

hehe its all good. I didnt realize i was dictating.sorry. you still going to the track Sunday? I have a feeling its gonna run a 50 or a 40. hopefully the track is well prepped.

Craig W.

#67 Post by Craig W. » Thu May 24, 2012 3:18 pm

supernova wrote:Did you guy's know that a nova grill weighs 6 lbs. I have a extra one that I weighed last night. No brackets, no mounting hardware, no SS badge just the metal grill.
I guess that's where a '73/'74 has an advantage. Mine is plastic and weights about 1 lb.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

Craig W.

#68 Post by Craig W. » Thu May 24, 2012 3:23 pm

supernova wrote: I would still like to know what kind of bias weights and overall weights others run there car at. Anybody?
My car is dead-on 50/50. Well, its 6 lbs heavier on the nose. I don't have it well sorted out at this new weight. Before it was 51% on the rear with some weight in it. Moving 25 lbs around really effected how it wheelied. The car is now 2976 according to the scales at Holly Springs, MS. We'll see at the next race how it compares to the London, KY scales. 2976 was a tad lighter than I expected so it maybe closer to 2990 at London.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

John_Heard
Site Admin

#69 Post by John_Heard » Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Craig W. wrote:
supernova wrote:Did you guy's know that a nova grill weighs 6 lbs. I have a extra one that I weighed last night. No brackets, no mounting hardware, no SS badge just the metal grill.
I guess that's where a '73/'74 has an advantage. Mine is plastic and weights about 1 lb.
Wonder if they interchange? Hmmm

Craig W.

#70 Post by Craig W. » Thu May 24, 2012 4:34 pm

John_Heard wrote:
Craig W. wrote:
They will with some changes. It would look a little weird with mixed parts from 68-72 and 73/74. But its all bolt-on if you want to change the entire front end over to 73/74. Never seen anyone do that. Usually people make a 73/74 look like a 68-72, but that's for aesthetics.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

supernova

#71 Post by supernova » Thu May 24, 2012 5:48 pm

John_Heard wrote:
Craig W. wrote:

No not without some work. And they don't look the same anyway.

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

new wt. 3340 lbs

supernova

#72 Post by supernova » Mon May 28, 2012 9:49 pm

"CORRECTION"

The fender I weighed that is 44 lbs is full of bondo. I picked up the other fender and found it felt lighter so I weighed it and it is lighter at only 31 lbs. I got the old trusty tap hammer out and tap on both fenders, the first one is full of bondo and fender # 2 is as clean as can be.

At 31 lbs it's still heavier than a one F/G front end.... 22 lbs.....

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

new wt. 3340 lbs

Craig W.

#73 Post by Craig W. » Tue May 29, 2012 7:34 pm

Mine were 25 each. Just the fender. No fender extension, no inner fender, no trim, etc.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

Hitchcock

#74 Post by Hitchcock » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Shoulda been racing a Corvette this whole time Chris. Just kidding, but as for weight savings I was able to hit a few home runs. Not saying vettes are better than Nova's or Camaro's though. Well, maybe a little bit.
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter