Looking for front springs for a BB Vega

Suspension Tuning, Troubleshooting, Design and Discussion

Moderators: David Lemmond, Dave Morgan

BSeery

Looking for front springs for a BB Vega

#1 Post by BSeery » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:35 pm

I have a 1974 Vega. All steel body, fiberglass bumpers, hood and lexan windows. I am running a BB Chevy with iron heads.

What I need to find are springs for the front suspension. I have looked at the Moroso "trick springs" and they have no listing for Vegas. I have looked at other places with the same results.

Does anyone have any idea of where to get front springs for drag racing a Vega? I think it's the same suspension as a Monza, but I wonder if they share with any other vehicles such as a Nova or Camaro.

Any info will help greatly.

thanks!
1974 Chevrolet Vega - 439 C.I. big block, TCI powerglide, 9 inch rear. 10.44 and still testing and tuning.

Mike Peters

#2 Post by Mike Peters » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:43 am

A suggestion fromme would be to try TRW springs for a V-8 Monza with A/C. These are taller but, with the added weight of the BB, they might just be your ticket to success. After you let the springs settle and the car somehow sits too high, then trim with cut-off wheel only, not torch. I'm sure you'll need a strong spring compressor to install them. I know a friend who put these on his small-block Vega and trimmed a full coil for his desired ride height.

kyleracer

vega springs

#3 Post by kyleracer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:01 pm

I used BB 69 camaro springs on my 72 vega. Make sure you change the ball joints to V-8 monza. (very easy to do) The lower factory vega joints broke on mine after a good launch. Lucky it was only out 30 ft not 1320 ft or the ride would have been scary!! :shock: