trailer

Everything involved with getting to the track and working in the pits

Moderator: John_Heard

novaz

trailer

#1 Post by novaz » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi Guys
I am taking my car down to have the front end rechecked after I changed the springs and spindles.
this is the first time I have towed anything I have a new open tilt trailer and just wanted to know when tying the car down should i have it tight but not loading the suspension or should I put some tension in there ,also is the front crossmember the best place for the front straps or should i tie down on the frame rails, the straps I have are 4 new industrial ratchet straps that we use at work to secure our ariel work platforms for transportation so strength/security should not be a problem.
Thanks
Royz

Craig W.

#2 Post by Craig W. » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:13 pm

I like to pull to the four corners of the trailer by cross the straps in an X pattern. That has the car secured in all directions.

I hook to the subframe in the front and to the axle in the rear. I ratchet them down nice and tight. I compress the front suspension some so that the bouncing of the car doesn't let a strap come loose.

If using axle straps, be sure they don't damage the brake lines where they go around the rearend.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

novaz

#3 Post by novaz » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:53 pm

Thanks Craig