towing sway control????

Everything involved with getting to the track and working in the pits

Moderator: John_Heard

waterdog

Re: towing sway control????

#16 Post by waterdog » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:46 am

The load distibution setup has helped everybody I know, I won't pull without one. Man what the heck is going on with trailer tires? My buddy and I both had blowouts recently, mine was the newest I had, I,m gonna replace all of them.Walt
1970 Nova SS 3580lb, Shafiroff 434 na, 9.94@135.8

moparacer

#17 Post by moparacer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:03 am

Car placement over the axles will affect fishtailing but the sway caused by wind gusts can be minimized by using friction sway controls with a WD hitch. Some trailers can even use two, one on each side of the tongue. They're cheap these day so why not be safe?

moparacer

#18 Post by moparacer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:26 pm

I found a place that sell the hitches and sway controls. Looks like pretty good prices. http://www.towshop.com

Trailerpro

#19 Post by Trailerpro » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:21 pm

First I'd check to make sure your car isn't too far back in the trailer. If that's not the case, and you're not getting any sag at the rear of your trailer, weight distribution hitch isn't needed. You should just be able to add a swaybar (or two as mentioned earlier). They are adjustable as to how much friction is being applied to them.

John T.

lightnin

#20 Post by lightnin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:55 pm

John_Heard wrote:
lightnin wrote:hi run cargo makes them also in a 8 ply each letter goes 2 increments B= 4ply C= 6 ply D=8 ply and so forth
Have you tried this brand? I maybe looking to try something different.

yes we sale them to alot of guys put a set on my 28 ft enclosed older heavy trailer ive got them on camper and 22 footer no problems

spib

#21 Post by spib » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:18 pm

I used to have a 24 ft tag pulled it up to 80 miles an hr straight as a arrow
now I have a 33 ft open tripple axell that hauls 2 trucks on it, and have pulled it 75mph straight
as an arrow
I dont have sway controll or bars , pull these trailers with crew cab 2500hd duramax and my truck is not a dually and have a 9 ft camper on truck also

I was told by the guy that built my 2 car open trailer tongue weight, got to have it, when I haul only one rig on my new trailer I put it up on the front, almost all the way forward
http://www.youtube.com/user/spib43
10.56 @128 best to date

Injected65

#22 Post by Injected65 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:06 am

When I bought my 28' enclosed I did some searching for a good load leveling and equalizing hitch setup and ended up with one from Equal-I-Zer Hitches. http://www.equalizerhitch.com/

It combines the load leveling and sway control into one setup. Super easy to hook up and works great. I've got about 3 years and a hundred or more trips under my belt and it works great. Last year I had to do an emergency lane change at 70mph to avoid a merging dumbarse and although I still had to get my heart rate under control after, the trailer didn't even act like I had done anything radical at all.

If you are considering one of these hitches, don't be scared off by the website retail pricing. I bought it through one of their dealers for hundreds less than retail.

Chris
1989 Mustang - Vamp Drag Radial - V075

Innovators West

C&B Motorsports