timing control 15*

MSD Digital Ignition Programming & Troubleshooting, Playing with Dots, Slew and other fun toys for traction challanged racers

Moderator: John_Heard

jaspermaggie

timing control 15*

#1 Post by jaspermaggie » Fri May 01, 2009 9:03 pm

I have a timing control with the 15* knob. I have a chevy 355 with 15* initial and 21* for 36 in at 3200. I run an msd with a 6al. Does this timing control work best with a lockout. I have not hooked it up. I was wondering if I put it in with the 15* knob if it will be set at 36 still.
My car is not as fast as I think it is.

rustbucket

Re: timing control 15*

#2 Post by rustbucket » Sat May 02, 2009 4:25 pm

I ran into the problem of hard starting. With my msd digital multi retard box with a start retard, The start retard only works with a distributer that is not locked. Most are this way from msd. They make a stand alone start retard for locked out distributers for about $175.00. not sure if I helped...tony
406sbc, powerglide, nitrous
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DssW5vc_t3k

jaspermaggie

Re: timing control 15*

#3 Post by jaspermaggie » Sat May 02, 2009 9:58 pm

I don't have it locked down now and do not wont it to be. My problem is if I put in the controler and it moves my timing up or down I will have to adjust it with the initial timing and I dont wont to move it. It is manly a street car. I just built this motor. I used a 100hp nos shot witch is like a 75hp in other companies with the 36* timing and it was ok. The difference in this motor is it has 10.5 and the old one had 9.1, I used same everything else.
My car is not as fast as I think it is.