SOme help please ?

One of the most critical areas of a automatic race car

Moderator: Marty Chance

Marty Chance

Re: SOme help please ?

#16 Post by Marty Chance » Tue May 25, 2010 8:35 am

before you throw money at it , I would recommend you spend some money on a data logger so you can see where the problem is, it may not be the converter and i would hate to see you spend a bunch of money to find out you replaced a part that could have worked.
Neal Chance Racing Converters
Home of the World's Fastest Automatic Doorslammers!
www.racingconverters.com

coony278

#17 Post by coony278 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:52 am

what type of data logger would you suggest ? I'am game for this , just never used one.

Marty Chance

#18 Post by Marty Chance » Thu May 27, 2010 9:12 am

RPM data logger
$588 for engine, driveshaft and battery
you can add a g meter for less than $300
i can have it shipped today
Marty Chance 316-542-9869
www.racingconverters.com

coony278

#19 Post by coony278 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:11 pm

excuse my ignorance on this but what are you trying to read with this data logger ? Just engine rpm and drive shaft rpm ? I can see where that would be helpful , but is that what it basically reads and records ?

Marty Chance

#20 Post by Marty Chance » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:10 am

you can tune 90% of your launch problems with engine rpm, driveshaft rpm and G-meter. Any time the g-meter goes down look at drive shaft, if the drive shaft goes up as g's go down you are spinning.

also you may want to purchase a new Mark Williams yoke as i have heard Mike Duffy say MANY times that some one has brought their car to him that all of a sudden wants to blow the tires off and the only thing wrong is the yoke wore out and spline locks. Think about it , when the suspension pushes forward if the driveshaft spline locks it can ONLY spin the tires!!!
www.racingconverters.com

coony278

#21 Post by coony278 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:48 pm

I really appreciate all the help guys and Marty !

I just really got tired of throwing 100 dollar bills at this thing and dropped the car off at chassis shop tuesday.

Figured I would be better off spending money one time on the problem instead of guessing.

My car is a not a fast car , 7.0 in the 1/8th and it shouldnt be this hard to hook this car. I figured it is something I was just overlooking and maybe a pro can lay his eyes on it easier than me guessing.

After Marty pointing out it could be something as simple as a yoke and I went out and checked mine it it seemed fine , I just figured it was time to get it fixed and get back to being competitive again !