Remote Oil filter...

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

sverbus

Remote Oil filter...

#1 Post by sverbus » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:03 pm

Im wanting to move my oil filter away from the side of the motor and use a remote oiling system. No dry sump, just move the filters away from the headers and use a dual filter setup.

My question to all you gear heads, and I say that with love, :P is do any of you run any of these setups? If you do, can you please take pictures or at least give me some headsup to watch out for, or where is best to mount the filters?

I still have the fenderwells in the car, but im thinking taking them out, but not sure if that will weaken the front end considerably.

Ive got a fiberglass hood and bumper...so Not sure if that would weaken the front end or not.

let me know what you all think,

thanks,

Scott

BSeery

#2 Post by BSeery » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am

I am running a dual filter remote on my '74 Vega. Main reason is that with a big block in a Vega and headers, there was no room for a filter in the stock location.

Mine is mounted to the inner fender structure, behind the drivers side headlight. It was all installed by the previous owner, but I have not had any problems at all. It's a Trans-Dapt kit and looks pretty easy to install.

Sorry, no pictures as the car is in the trailer.
1974 Chevrolet Vega - 439 C.I. big block, TCI powerglide, 9 inch rear. 10.44 and still testing and tuning.