ProClassic hose any good?

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

Gus68

ProClassic hose any good?

#1 Post by Gus68 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Hey guys!!! I'm gonnna redo my fuel system, but I can't stand the look of the red and blue AN stuff and stainless line. I found this ProClassic stuff from Russell, it's black braid that summit "says" is NHRA approved, does anyone know for for sure? Has anyone ever used this stuff? I hear it is easy to work with. Supposedly you have to use the Pro classic ends with this hose, none of the others will work, which is ok cause they are black and silver. I just wanna know if anyone has ever had any experience with this stuff. I don't wanna buy it and in stall it and then have some tech inspector say, you can't use that fuel line!!!! Thanks

Speedster

Re: ProClassic hose any good?

#2 Post by Speedster » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Dont know what NHRA tech people will say? But i have used this hose on a USAC Midget with alcohol fuel with no problems and the ends were all push on type fittings. Just make sure when you cut your hose to blow thru the hose with air before you hook it up or little pieces of black hose will fill your filters or worse carb. Aero-quipt also sales the blue hose if you dont want the stainless

vegaracer

#3 Post by vegaracer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:15 pm

I've seen enitre cars plumbed with it at the track, so I'd say you're good to go.
Feenstra's Towing

1973 Vega
434 SBC, N.A.
Powerglide
9.01 @ 146

John_Heard
Site Admin

#4 Post by John_Heard » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:05 am