Belt Drive - Comp vs. Jesel

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

Belt Drive - Comp vs. Jesel

#1 Post by 5448 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Anyone have experience on the Comp 6200 vs Jesel 32000 belt drives?
I'm collecting parts for a 496 BBC for future use and found a decent deal on a new Comp setup.

A little background on where I'm at:
A buddy had a 496 with a filled block that wound up getting porosity in the filler and had water seep to the bottom of the cylinders and cracked his block over winter.
With a little persuasion I convinced him he needed to build a 572. At the same time he convinced me I needed all his 496 parts! :thumb:
Currently, I'm short a cam, balancer, flexplate, and timing set to complete the short block.
For reference, the engine made 812 hp NA prior to the block crack. I'm expecting similar results. The engine was run with a Jesel setup.
I can't imagine there's much difference in power between the two belt drives. I'm interested in any durability, installation, and service issues anyone has had with either the Comp or Jesel setups.

Thanks,
Eric

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Belt Drive - Comp vs. Jesel

#2 Post by John_Heard » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 am

I've had both, while my memory is a bit foggy on the comp, I was impressed with the quality of the Jesel, and the instructions provided. In fact Jesel even included sockets needed, etc. I wish all manufacturers did such a good job at their install instructions.