Spark Plugs / Accel 762 discontinued?

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

Flatstick

Spark Plugs / Accel 762 discontinued?

#1 Post by Flatstick » Mon May 19, 2014 4:53 pm

My daughter just recently bought an older dragster with a 358 sbc engine. It has Accel 762 spark plugs in it, but I haven't been able to find any of these. Has this particular plug been replaced with another number? Haven't had much luck finding information on it either like heat range, gap, etc... Did find a long cross referrence list to other plug brands but was wondering if any of you have changed from this plug to another that has worked well? New to this site and new to drag racing so don't get too technical for this redneck, thanks. :smt001

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Spark Plugs / Accel 762 discontinued?

#2 Post by John_Heard » Thu May 22, 2014 11:11 am

I can't find that in any of my cross reference lists, but did find some online at http://www.spoilersforless.com/accel-76 ... park-plug/

The description says "U-Groove Resistor; Spark Plug; Thread Size-14mm; Socket-5/8 in.; 0.75 in. Non-Projected Tip; Taper Seat; .035 in. Gap; For Racing Applications; U-Groove Resistor; Spark Plug"

That makes it a pretty weird plug. Are they actually tapered seat or do they have a gasket? What heads are on the engine?

Flatstick

#3 Post by Flatstick » Sat May 31, 2014 10:02 pm

John, thanks for the reply. I gave up on trying to find them and had a Motorsports shop cross them over to a NGK plug. Not a gasketed plug just an obsolete number I guess?

John_Heard
Site Admin

#4 Post by John_Heard » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:27 am

Accel had some weird plugs, like the shorty's they used to sell. Glad you found something to work.