Ok, so which one of you guys has experience with Holley Dominator EFI ?

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

wikd69

Ok, so which one of you guys has experience with Holley Dominator EFI ?

#1 Post by wikd69 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi guys...

I need to talk with somebody who has used a Holley Dominator in an EFI/DIS setup, preferably with a roots build. I'm getting very close to dyno time and would like to fire this new setup in my shop *before* I haul it over to the dyno folks. I need to make sure the damn thing will start, before I waste a day of expensive dyno & tuner time.

My new setup includes:

- Holley Dominator ECU, 8 x SmartCoils (DIS), 16 injectors in 2 Stages ( 8 x 48 lb & 8 x 83 lb )
- Custom dual-sync plate on cam gear with hall-effect sensors for cam sync & crank trigger
- Bullet cam grind - Intake .755 lift / 300 dur @ .050, Exhaust .744 lift / 310 dur @ .050
- 2 x Accufab 4500-2 throttle bodies (4300 combined cfm) on a Kinsler 16 injector top plate
- Hampton 871 blower w/teflon, BDS competition manifold (initially around 10 lbs of boost)

The injectors will be deployed in two stages - the 2nd stage will come in at about 80% duty cycle on the 1st stage, though I only need to setup a single stage for the initial start up. My street tune will be setup for pump gas, the track tune will require 117 race fuel, possibly with some methanol injection added for cooling and detonation control.

There's a lot of potential horsepower & torque with this new setup, but I need to first get it up on idle, and *then* start tailoring the map and configuration for best output.

Anybody out there with experience on this stuff ?

Here's an early shot of the build test fit during assembly...

1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

Bruce69Camaro

Re: Ok, so which one of you guys has experience with Holley Dominator EFI ?

#2 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:33 am

Hey Harry,
I think most people are saying the same thing I am....WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Good luck with the start up.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

wikd69

#3 Post by wikd69 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:41 am

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Hey Harry,
I think most people are saying the same thing I am....WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
We should shoe-horn this into your ride. Just think of all the clashing colors :thumb: :mrgreen:

wikd69

#4 Post by wikd69 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:42 am

wikd69 wrote:
Bruce69Camaro wrote:Hey Harry,
We should shoe-horn this into your ride. Just think of all the clashing colors :thumb: :mrgreen:
Actually, that Accufab red would be a nice accent for your paint scheme...

Bruce69Camaro

#5 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:53 am

Funny you mention that, because I just learned today that the new design gas valves that we are looking to use on our boilers, are basically a EFI type setup and they come with the mass air flow senor's and whatever else is needed and I said to the guy, so basically this is the same setup as a car, and he said yes.
He asked me if I was familiar with the automotive EFI company called FAST.
I told him I was and he left it at that, so I don't know if they are helping this company design gas valves for boilers or what?
So if I get good at tuning boilers, maybe I should look into doing a EFI setup for the car too???
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

wikd69

#6 Post by wikd69 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Funny you mention that, because I just learned today that the new design gas valves that we are looking to use on our boilers, are basically a EFI type setup and they come with the mass air flow senor's and whatever else is needed and I said to the guy, so basically this is the same setup as a car, and he said yes.
He asked me if I was familiar with the automotive EFI company called FAST.
I told him I was and he left it at that, so I don't know if they are helping this company design gas valves for boilers or what?
So if I get good at tuning boilers, maybe I should look into doing a EFI setup for the car too???
Yes. You could build the first steam-powered Camaro in the world :mrgreen: :mrgreen: