Building a 327

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

salleeracing

#16 Post by salleeracing » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:19 pm

before i went to big block i had a .30 over 327 in a 84 chevy silverado with th-350 tranny with a 3500 stall stock gears the motor had the 1.94 double hump heads elderbrok rpm performer intake elderbrok performer 750 carb with a crane 302duration and 500lift cam and that old farm truck was nasty for what it was...but as it seems you dont want nothing that big..

Rat Patrol

#17 Post by Rat Patrol » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:27 am

Welcome to the site novass327! What you are looking for is not uncommon for someone just getting started in the hobby, it can be done but you need to look at the whole picture there is no such thing as a fire breathing badass for cheap :shock: , but you can build a motor with plenty of tire spinning torque that will give you miles of smiles. You didn't mention what it is going in small car big car etc. this will play a big part in the performance of the end product with a 327 the lighter the better but you can still have fun in a big car or truck just set realistic goals and do as sixty foot said go with torque keep the rpm's down and have fun driving it instead of working on it summit is a very good place to start they should have everything you need just tell them what you are wanting to do and they will help you along real nice people the edelbrock performer cam and intake would be a good start I would also look into the edelbrocck carb the people at summit will know what you are talking about and they will probably have a package deal on these items keep things basicly simple and close to stock starting out I think you will be happier in the end. I hope I have been of help to you and if you run ito anything and need help just post on here these guys are both helpful and smart :) Good luck!!!!