Hey guys, Dont one of you guys run a WBO2 on your motor?

General Engine Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

Bobalos

Hey guys, Dont one of you guys run a WBO2 on your motor?

#1 Post by Bobalos » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:36 pm

what are you getting for O2 @ Idle (say in gear just sitting there pushing the brakes?

what does the O2 goto when you smack the throttle & you get your pump shot going through?

thanks guys
Bob

amature

#2 Post by amature » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:52 am

Hey Bob.

At idle after it is all warmed up, it works best at 17s.

Cruising I get mid 13s - low 15s. At ~35mph, it runs in the high 14s low 15s. At freeway, it is mid 13s to mid 14s.

At part acceleration, it goes very fat. High 10s. It isn't the pump shot doing it though. If I hold the throttle there, that is, no more pump shot, it stays that rich until the car gets to the cruising speed of that throttle position or I back out.

At WOT, I'm trying to get it dialed Mid 12s. Still a bit lean at mid-high 13s.

I have been playing with the power valve and the holes in the metering block behind the power valve to get it dialed in. I'm trying to get it quite a bit leaner at part throttle and richer at full throttle. It is coming along slowly but surely.

This is on a King Demon 1090.

A friend has been doing considerable dyno testing regarding WBO2 info. He has found that if the O2 sensor is down path some (mine is in the X-pipe) it gives lean readings at part throttle. Since the exhaust pipes are so big, the fresh air from the overlap is diluting the mixture and showing it leaner than it really is. Just moving the O2 sensor into the collector caused it to read richer.

Now it makes sense why my car runs soo smoothly when the O2 is reading 16-18 while cruising around town.
- Greg

Bobalos

#3 Post by Bobalos » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:30 pm

amature wrote:Hey Bob.

At idle after it is all warmed up, it works best at 17s.
W :shock: W, Greg, 17's??????????? Im no pro' or anything, but that does not sound right. 17's is VERY Lean. When I was Promming, I had a buddy that had a GN that could get his car go go into 17's when he was in Highway mode, but it took a LOT of timing & he dropped out of it the mS he goosed the pedal.
Cruising I get mid 13s - low 15s. At ~35mph, it runs in the high 14s low 15s. At freeway, it is mid 13s to mid 14s.

At part acceleration, it goes very fat. High 10s. It isn't the pump shot doing it though. If I hold the throttle there, that is, no more pump shot, it stays that rich until the car gets to the cruising speed of that throttle position or I back out.
Interesting. is it a "HP" Body with high speed bleeds? I have a tip in issue & another guy said to go down on the idle bleeds & then once I get it all resolved, to work on WOT. once I get that figured out I might need to adjust the high speed bleeds some. this is pretty fun, & having a tool like this is the bomb.
At WOT, I'm trying to get it dialed Mid 12s. Still a bit lean at mid-high 13s.

I have been playing with the power valve and the holes in the metering block behind the power valve to get it dialed in. I'm trying to get it quite a bit leaner at part throttle and richer at full throttle. It is coming along slowly but surely.
C 8) 8) L.
This is on a King Demon 1090.

A friend has been doing considerable dyno testing regarding WBO2 info. He has found that if the O2 sensor is down path some (mine is in the X-pipe) it gives lean readings at part throttle. Since the exhaust pipes are so big, the fresh air from the overlap is diluting the mixture and showing it leaner than it really is. Just moving the O2 sensor into the collector caused it to read richer.
I have heard this with the overlap in the cam. I had never considered this before, interesting thing to think about. for better or worse, mine is not really a street car so I might just take the lazy way out & not worry about part throttle & cruise. but if I can get it dialled in relatively quickly I just might break it out & bang on it. I have a race coming up so the pressure is on now. :(
Now it makes sense why my car runs soo smoothly when the O2 is reading 16-18 while cruising around town.
thanks amigo, I appreciate it. which WBO2 are you using? is it an Innovate box?

Bob

amature

#4 Post by amature » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:53 am

It is a Techedge. www.wbo2.com
- Greg

John_Heard
Site Admin

#5 Post by John_Heard » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:39 am

This winter I'd like to redo my exhaust system and get some kind of sensor in it, glad you mentioned the WB02.com again Greg, I was trying to remember which one you were using. I'd like to find something simple that I can get a 0-5vdc output from to bring into my datalogger.

Dang car is starting to look like a control panel for a industrial robot there is so much stuff in there LOL.

Bobalos

#6 Post by Bobalos » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:56 am

Oh yea, thats right. I seem to recall that you were using one of peters toys.

I know what you mean about it looking like a 747. I spent a few hours 2 or 3 weeks ago, trying to simplify my setup. I had switches for this & buttons for that & it was all just too complicated. I want to simplify it more, but it will take quite a bit of wiring so ................ for now I think Im going to leave it alone.

the datalogging stuff is really bitchen. data is a good thing. :)

thanks guys.

Bob

Bobalos

#7 Post by Bobalos » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:59 am

Beyond wrote: I'd like to find something simple that I can get a 0-5vdc output from to bring into my datalogger.
the innovate one will do that. maybe take a look @ the LC1, that they have if you already have a Data Logger. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcar ... 253&page=1

Bob

amature

#8 Post by amature » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:56 am

Bobalos wrote:Interesting. is it a "HP" Body with high speed bleeds? I have a tip in issue & another guy said to go down on the idle bleeds & then once I get it all resolved, to work on WOT. once I get that figured out I might need to adjust the high speed bleeds some. this is pretty fun, & having a tool like this is the bomb.
It is a king demon. It has idle, intermediate, and high speed air bleeds. Your "another guy" is absolutely correct. With mine, you could watch the pump shot keep it rich then it dips WAY lean then bounces back up. Going to a smaller air bleed reduced the dip and decreased the time it took to bounce back. A bit smaller yet, it didn't dip anymore, but was running fat. So, I re-jetted smaller. But then I was lean at WOT. So I tried smaller high speed air bleeds. No go... So now I'm playing with the power valve. I've got the metering block drilled out quite a ways, but it seems to be working rather well. The car likes to have 101s in it squared without the power valve. On the street, it likes 89s! So, the holes in the metering block to compensate are damn near a jet size themself!! I did up a little spread sheet program that you can enter your desired jet diamter, your actual jet diameter, then it tells you what to drill the holes behind the powervalve.

Sorry for the run on paragraph. At work and no time to proof/fix. :)
- Greg

Bobalos

#9 Post by Bobalos » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:35 pm

Right on amigo, great info. sounds like you are becoming the carb guru. LOL.

Im hoping to take the car out for a spin this weekend & see how much changing those bleeds helped & then see about main jets & high speed bleeds.

thanks again
Bob