Do you filter your fuel?

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

John_Heard
Site Admin

Do you filter your fuel?

#1 Post by John_Heard » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:37 am

Don't remember who suggested to me to do this, but I've been filtering my fuel from the jug when I put it in the tank using paint filters. Here's what I caught Friday...

The filters are real cheap at any store that has auto body supplies. Al this crap must have been out of the 55gal barrel, it was just about empty so we got all this "extra" with it.

Bobalos

#2 Post by Bobalos » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:06 pm

I bought one of those large summit funnels that has the filter in it & I catch stuff every once in a while, but nothing like that. what kind of gas is that? I get mine in 5 gallon pails, not 55 gallon drum.

Bob

John_Heard
Site Admin

#3 Post by John_Heard » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:24 pm

My funnel has a real coarse filter but not near as fine as these paint filters. The fuel was Turbo Blue 110, stuff I get at the local speed shop. I've never seen that kind of crap in it before, but then again I've never gotten some out of the bottom of a barrel either. I wish we had a VP fuel distributor nearby.

#4 Post by Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:58 pm

I run VP methanol in my car and have found some pretty large pieces of junk in my funnel strainer as well. I get mine from a 45 gal drum. I talked to the VP rep from my area and he said that some particles in the fuel are normal because they don't filter it at all. Not near as much as your pictures indicate though.