1 GAL. cell nitrous fuel system?

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

doctor408

1 GAL. cell nitrous fuel system?

#1 Post by doctor408 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:58 pm

im about to run a separate cell and fuel system for my NOS. Im looking for pics and info on this subject.. i have a 408 sbf. now i run a A-1000 pump for motor and holley blue for nos.. i have a BG280 pump also. i think it would be better to run the 280 for motor since its a returnless syle pump. if i used it for the nos it would be deadheading with air pockets correct? im thinking about the A1000 for the nos and using a return back to the 1 gal cell in the engine compartment. does the regulater for the nos need to be in front of the fuel selonoid for the gravity rule that states as you launch, gravity will try to push the fuel in the fuel line toward the back of the car, and away from the selonoid or carb..? car runs 6.0's in 90deg whether right now on a 200 shot. im looking to up the nos and take about 300lbs off and hope in the cool wheather it will run some 5.60-70's. any advice, pics,ect,ect. will be greatly apreciated..thanx guys
fastest street car ever streeted

John_Heard
Site Admin

#2 Post by John_Heard » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:53 am

You'll want to put your nitrous system fuel regulator before the fuel solenoid so that you can test the flowing fuel pressure without activating the nitrous system.

I guess I don't understand your question about gravity? Yes it will have an effect on fuel pressure at launch on a deadheaded system using a rear pump/cell setup, you shouldn't see anything on a front mounted cell/pump or on short lengths of line.

doctor408

#3 Post by doctor408 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:22 am

1. i understand to put the fuel regulater before the fuel selonoid..i just didnt know if it needs to be mounted more to the front of the car than the fuel selonoid to acc for the gravity theory.
2. you pretty much answered the gravity theory. it will be a front mounted cell so the line will not be that long. would i be better to use the BG280/holley reg. for the nos or the A1000/aeromotive bypass reg. for the nos?

John_Heard
Site Admin

#4 Post by John_Heard » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:22 am

No, don't worry about #1, that's not going to have any effect - it's not a large enough column of fuel to worry about.

#2 - I would use the Holley design regulator, those work real good for NOS. The only question is how much pressure do you want to use on your tune ups? If you're using the NX hi pressure stuff you'll need to get a modified holley regulator like the one Jeff Prock has to get it to work right over 8 lbs. The A1000 is a good pump, but it's capable of a lot of pressure, that one you'd probably need both the return regulator and the holley to regulate it right. If you are thinking about using that pump call Jeff up and get his input on how to set it up, he's been using those EFI pumps lately I believe. The BG280/Modified holley would probably work fine too.

doctor408

#5 Post by doctor408 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:08 pm

i appreciate the advise, this saves me alot of research and labor..thanx,,does 'JEFF' have a public contact number. does he have a bussiness or somthing??? thaNX AGAIN

John_Heard
Site Admin

#6 Post by John_Heard » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:23 pm