NOS purge question

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

gmracing355

NOS purge question

#1 Post by gmracing355 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:51 am

Im in the process of setting up a NOS fogger on my 355 chevy. Im looking into how and where alot of you mount and plumb the purge valve on your nos sysytems.I seen alot of cars have the purge mounted away from the solnoids on the firewall or ect and I have been told the purge should be as close to the solnoids as possible. What I was thinking of doing is using a 6 in and out NOS y fitting and drilling and tapping it with a 1/4 pipe fitting and connecting that to the purge so the y block and purge valve are mounted on top of each other.
If any has and could post some pics of thier setup or ideas I would be grateful. And what fitting I would have to use.Its a #4 purge not a 6. Just trying to learn as I go,What fun,lol.
Thanks Greg

mytmouz

Re: NOS purge question

#2 Post by mytmouz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:15 am

I don't have a clear pic, and can't find my camera (kids). But what I have is a gauge fitting with a 1/8npt nipple between the fitting and the purge. The fitting is between the NOS line and the main feed line. I have a nyloc fitting and tubing to deliver the excess to where I want it to vent. I haven't had any problems with the tubing yet...
Trucks are for haulin...

dannyman

#3 Post by dannyman » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:53 am

gmracing355 wrote:Im in the process of setting up a NOS fogger on my 355 chevy. Im looking into how and where alot of you mount and plumb the purge valve on your nos sysytems.I seen alot of cars have the purge mounted away from the solnoids on the firewall or ect and I have been told the purge should be as close to the solnoids as possible. What I was thinking of doing is using a 6 in and out NOS y fitting and drilling and tapping it with a 1/4 pipe fitting and connecting that to the purge so the y block and purge valve are mounted on top of each other.
If any has and could post some pics of thier setup or ideas I would be grateful. And what fitting I would have to use.Its a #4 purge not a 6. Just trying to learn as I go,What fun,lol.
Thanks Greg
camaro%20008[1].jpg

mytmouz

#4 Post by mytmouz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:24 pm

I did find a pic after all...

Trucks are for haulin...

gmracing355

#5 Post by gmracing355 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 am

Thanks guys,What I ended up doing was drilling and taping the Y block in the center and used a fitting to mount the purge valve on top of the Y block.
Greg

TubbedTruck67

#6 Post by TubbedTruck67 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Wish I knew how to post a pic. I have three purge valves. One mounted right at each solenoid. I have a fogger and a plate so I have one mounted at each side of the fogger and one for the plate it looks good and it definently makes sure all the air is out right up to the solenoid.

DL

#7 Post by DL » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:28 pm

sam likes playing with gernades as well :shock:
real-street fan