remote bottle opener

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

roadrunner451

remote bottle opener

#1 Post by roadrunner451 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:22 pm

do you all use them , for say you wanna open the bottle , but not use it for a hour or so, will that hurt anyhting, is that where the remote bottle opener comes in , because the bottle is in the trunk, NOS sportsman fogger
mike , 1970 road runner 451 cu in indy 440-1 cyl heads, solid roller cam,T&D rockers 11.12 at 120 mph on motor.

CDR Performance

Re: remote bottle opener

#2 Post by CDR Performance » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:42 am

As long as your n2o solenoid does not leak it does not matter is you leave the bottle open. Or leak anywhere else.
If your solenoid leaks well, your carb butterflys :bling: will be the first to know when you go to start it.
CDR PERFORMANCE
The Custom Engine Shop

Dart - Callies - BRC - Oliver - BME - Custom Cams - T&D - Trend - JGS - BorgWarner - SuperNatural - EV - CSU - C&S - BS3

http://www.cdrperformance.biz

jaspermaggie

#3 Post by jaspermaggie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:05 pm

I have an nx opener and it is nice to have but have had a few problems. It takes longer to change the bottle and I have had it stick closed a few times. Once I was almost up to the box and it would not open. I ran to the trunk had a wrench to take the opener off opened the bottle and jumped back in the car.
My car is not as fast as I think it is.

71Hellride

#4 Post by 71Hellride » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:00 am

Leaving the bottles on too long is hard on the plungers. Some guys use the 1/4 turn valves in line and shut off as soon as they're done with the run and purge before they get back. We always shut ours off but they're in the passager seat.