Flowing fuel pressure ?s

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

nj

#16 Post by nj » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:14 pm

We use a single holley # 70 carb jet thru one hose to flow our systems no matter what fuel jets were using. (pro race foggers) Usually every cylinder has a different fuel jet in it. This give us a fix point to tune the fuel from. If you had all eight 28 fuel jets and set the system at 6 psi and then change to all 30 jets most test guages would not even show the differance. In my opinion if you are a 1/4 to 1/2 a pound away from buring your engine up your to lean, unless your running promod

DriveWFO

#17 Post by DriveWFO » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:25 pm

This may be obvious, but I just want to confirm. I should set my flowing fuel pressure with the fuel jet I intend to run?

Craig W.

#18 Post by Craig W. » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:43 pm

Having a plate system, I'm using an extremely simple flow tool...its a 3/16" tube nut. I remove the fuel line from the plate, put the jet in I want to use and screw the tube nut into the end of the AN fuel line. Stick the end down in a jug and flow it. Takes next to no time to do it and I feel more comfortable flowing through both the regulator and solenoid. I have a large calibrated gage (similar to the big NX gage they sell) that comes off the 2nd port on the regulator that I only use while flowing the system. There's also a smaller gage for quick checks that's proven to be pretty consistent in its readings.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

Craig W.

#19 Post by Craig W. » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:47 pm

DriveWFO wrote:This may be obvious, but I just want to confirm. I should set my flowing fuel pressure with the fuel jet I intend to run?
Some use a Holley 70 jet, but I like to use the actual fuel jet that I'm going to be using.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

Racer704

#20 Post by Racer704 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:53 pm

It comes down with what makes you feel good or as John always say' "Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling" I just use the 72 holey jet in my set up because quite frankly there is not a large enough jet to flow my with the sq rt method. Just dont start changing things in the middle or you could wind up lost real quick.
Johnny B.