Nitrous Setup

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

Bruce69Camaro

Nitrous Setup

#1 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:47 am

I've been doing some searching on the various Nitrous guru sites and realized I need to know more about using this.
My kit is a simple NOS Cheater setup, I'm using a Holley blue pump to supply the fuel.
Currently I have the fuel pressure set at 5.5 psi and I'm using a NOS jet of 57 and a fuel jet of 47, which I'm told is around 100hp, using 110 fuel and 34 timing.
I'd like to step it up to 150, so talking with John, he suggests trying 70 on the NOS and 57 on the fuel, still at 5.5 psi.
When I looked at some other setup charts, I noticed that depending on what your fuel PSI is, that changes jet settings.
My question is why?
The jets are a fixed part of the system, does this have anything to do with the amount of pressure being supplied to the system?
If I want to go with something close to 175 or 200, will I need to jump up the pressure or can I continue to use 5.5 psi?
I also take if I set it up for a 175/200, I will need to run 112 fuel and change my heat setting to a -8 plug?
Thanks
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch: