Nitrous wiring question

General Nitrous Discussion

Moderator: John_Heard

smitty25

Nitrous wiring question

#1 Post by smitty25 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:25 pm

Ok I’ve searched for days on nitrous diagrams and can’t find one for my application. I’m just running a simple nx gemini plate for my 4150. I understand the basic wiring for the solenoids but I get lost when it comes to adding other pieces. I have a 6al box. I need to add my 2 step and step retard box to knock out some timing when the WOT switch is activated. I want to add in a window switch from summit. I have a jakes transbrake for my 4l80 so the transbrake is activated when it’s grounded. So I know I need to install the switch for transbrake on the ground terminal of the relay.

To prevent any more confusion, I’m just gonna wire the purge and bottle heater on separate circuits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Nitrous wiring question

#2 Post by John_Heard » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:20 am

Have you considered this is a good time to upgrade to a Powergrid vs spending money on the old 6AL and bunch of add on boxes? Has everything you want in it for nitrous. Step Retards, Window Switch, far more control capabilities. This might be a good time...

smitty25

#3 Post by smitty25 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:39 pm

I would have if I was smart and planned ahead. But I’ve been running the digital 6al now for 2 years and figured it would be cheaper for the $150 step retard and $50 window switch. Already had the 2 step laying around.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#4 Post by John_Heard » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:05 pm

I think MSD has some diagrams on how to hook those up to the 6AL on their site. Usually you would use the window switch to ground out or supply power to your nitrous activation circuit. Sorry can't say which don't have info on the window switch.