Auto Meter Tach Repair

General Gauges, Wiring, Ignition..

Moderator: John_Heard

John_Heard
Site Admin

Auto Meter Tach Repair

#1 Post by John_Heard » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:55 pm

My tachometer got damaged when in storage and screwed up the RPM push button and adjustment knob. Sent it in to Auto Meter for repair and got it back in 5 days and only $45 to repair and ship back. Pretty good deal and couldn't have bought a used one for that!

Bruce69Camaro

Re: Auto Meter Tach Repair

#2 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:56 am

Here is something else that I found out, I got some weld splatter on the lens of my water temp and oil pressure gauge.

I contacted Cory Villani from Autometer and they will replace the lens for $10.00 ea. and for a 5" tach, the lens cost $25.00.

Not a bad deal either.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

Mike Peters

#3 Post by Mike Peters » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 am

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Here is something else that I found out, I got some weld splatter on the lens of my water temp and oil pressure gauge.

I contacted Cory Villani from Autometer and they will replace the lens for $10.00 ea. and for a 5" tach, the lens cost $25.00.

Not a bad deal either.
Weld splatter on a gauge lens? First time I've heard that one. Probably didn't charge you much because of the laughter you provided. Leave it to a hockey player....... :smt101
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

wikd69

#4 Post by wikd69 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Mike Peters wrote:
Bruce69Camaro wrote:Here is something else that I found out, I got some weld splatter on the lens of my water temp and oil pressure gauge.

Not a bad deal either.
Weld splatter on a gauge lens? First time I've heard that one. Probably didn't charge you much because of the laughter you provided. Leave it to a hockey player....... :smt101
He's a hockey player ? Well that does explain some things. :smt003
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

Mike Peters

#5 Post by Mike Peters » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:46 am

wikd69 wrote:He's a hockey player ? Well that does explain some things. :smt003
Yep. Got kicked off the figure skating squad for stealing the magic wand during the production of "Tinkerbell's Family Reunion" and became a puck eatin' goalie. Of course, he's going to come back with the same ol' "football player takin' snaps from behind the center" insult. I'm pretty sure Bruce is a closet Penn State fan though. :shock:

Bruce69Camaro

#6 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 am

Dude's those are fighting words!

Please do not include me as a fan of Jerry State, because I'm not there. I hate was those assholes did and I hope they rot in hell! If you ask me, I'd shut the doors on that football program or even the college. When the administrative staff just ignored
the fact that this sick stuff was goin on, they're just as guilty and they should all be punished, not just Jerry! And just so you know, I'm also pissed that Joe left things go as well. He should have followed up, with something this serious, even if it did mean taking a few minutes away from his busy football schedule. I can also tell you, in my entire life, I only have owned one Penn State shirt, because it was given to me as a gift from a friend that went there.

Enough of that sick subject, back to you two jokers. I'm not even going to go there about Mr Mike and his football buddies sheep: because we all know how he changes like a werewolf when the full moon comes out, but man Harry, you took me by suprise, I had repsect for you because you were a Camaro brother, but no more!
You teamed up with a She-velle guy and that's as worse as being one of those "Jerry State" fans.

Man, remind me not to come back from vacation!

AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH TINKERBELL'S FAMILY REUNION? Alot of hot women out there on the ice, but you two wouldn't notice that, your both too busy looking at the guys in their spandex outfits gay:

Have a good day, boys :nutkick:
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

Mike Peters

#7 Post by Mike Peters » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:32 am

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Dude those are fighting words!
Sorry to ruffle the feathers on your Liberace outfit brother. You and I are in complete agreement on the Penn St. scandal. My regret is that Joe Paterno died before he could see it all come crashing down.

Harry's still your buddy even after the harsh news of finding out you preferred to lace up skates and climb into more protective equipment than a bomb squad to play your sport of choice.