Bleeding Wilwood Brakes?

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

John_Heard
Site Admin

#16 Post by John_Heard » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:54 am

At least you caught it. Something you might think about is painting a line across critical bolt joints with some bright fingernail polish, that way if it starts to work loose again you can see it at a quick glance as the paint will be cracked. I've been doing that for a while and it makes it real easy to do a quick check under the car for problems.

flashback

Good Idea!

#17 Post by flashback » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:47 pm

Thanks for the tip! A quick visual check once a week or so could save a very bad day!!
Gene
Glory Days Racing Speed Shop
www.elimn8u.com

flashback

Update

#18 Post by flashback » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:55 am

After a brief discussion of runout/measuring/heat/application with the tech guy on the phone yesterday I've decided to step up to a kit that may be the way I should have gone in the first place.
The kit we had ordered originally is actually listed on the Wilwood site as being rated up to a 2800# car...we're actually over that and the tech guy stated that even if we do get rid of our shudder problem that it wouldn't be long that the problem could re-occur because of the weight/speed we're running....He also stated that we shouldn't be having this problem out-of-the-box either though.
We got into a discussion about the ins and outs of measuring the pieces and the possibility of them looking at the setup themselves before we talked about stepping up to a setup that would be more suitable to our application. I really didn't want to tear the car down for who knows how long and then have a very good probability of the problem reoccurring because of the weight/heat issues.
So, I'm going with a little heavier setup....I'm still pretty sure that a resurfacing of the rotors would fix the problem with these but for my application we're better off going with the other setup. Bottom line is I should have researched the kits better in the first place and not wasted alot of time
Glory Days Racing Speed Shop
www.elimn8u.com