Leaky calipers

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

Bruce69Camaro

Leaky calipers

#1 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:37 am

I installed braided steel brake lines and a brake line adapters with the proper crush rings and I can't get it to stop dripping.

I keep finding small amounts of brake fluid on the garage floor. I keep thinking it was from when I bled it and it may be some fluid running off of the caliper's, but I'm back to believing it's the fittings not properly sealing.

Do you think I can remove the adapter, install a new crush ring and add some teflon pipe/ thread sealant to help seal it?

Thanks

Bruce
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

sc racing

Re: Leaky calipers

#2 Post by sc racing » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:07 am

Get some new crush washers again and new bolts the teflon is only for thread seal . Im guessing these are banjo-#3 an fittings, they are probably not leaking from the an side.

Bruce69Camaro

#3 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:31 am

What I'm using is a #3 x 10mm x 1.5 male, steel brake adapter (Fragola #650308) with a crush ring.

I believe your right in saying that they are not leaking on the #3 side.

I tried all types of banjo fittings and they also leaked.

Is there a special way to tighten these things down? I've never had this many issues doing a brake job.

Thanks

Bruce
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

mytmouz

#4 Post by mytmouz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:17 pm

My LUV has those pesky crush rings, I finally got them to stop leaking after replacing them each time they leak, and not overtightening them, until I didn't see a leak. If I need to take the lines off, I leave the line on the caliper and remove it at the hardline end...
Trucks are for haulin...