AOD help one more time Pllleeaaasse.

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

Trailerpro

AOD help one more time Pllleeaaasse.

#1 Post by Trailerpro » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:08 pm

Hopefully I didn't mess up here. I removed the front pump from my AOD to helicoil the stripped case. When I did this the gearing behind it came forward a little bit, and I'm not sure if it is all the way back where it's supposed to be, or if something came out of alignment and it's not all the way back in the hole where it came from. The gear I'm talking about has a red arrow pointed at it in this pic. The gear is stick out past the other rings around it about 1/4". Is this normal, or is it supposed to sit flush?

Thanks!

Trailerpro

Re: AOD help one more time Pllleeaaasse.

#2 Post by Trailerpro » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:44 am

I got it!

At first I didn't want to go pulling stuff out the front of the tranny, because I didn't have a clue what was back there. Finally decided that there wasn't much of anything mechanical that could stump me, so I took it apart. There was a washer that had came out of its home, and a few of the plates weren't engaged where they were supposed to be. Stood it on end (was taking it apart laying flat...didn't know it was supposed to be stood up) and I'm putting it all back together. Wasn't near as bad as I thought a transmission would be inside.

Even inspired me to go find a junk tranny and try my hand at rebuilding one sometime in the near future. I've already got most of the tools in my shop to do it, and it's the last thing on a vehicle that I haven't tried to rebuild.