Air Shifter

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

julven

Air Shifter

#1 Post by julven » Tue May 16, 2006 4:30 pm

I need some more advice. I will be buying a new shifter in the next month or so because my dad want’s to trade trannys with me. My new trans will be a TH400 full manual reverse pattern with a trans brake and a Ultra Bell. Right now I have a full manual TH400 standard pattern with a copy of the Precision Performance Products shifter. I think I will buy another Precision Performance Products but??I am thinking of getting an air shifted shifter. Does anyone run an air shifted shifter? What are the pros and cons of an air shifter that I might not be thinking of? I am sure I don’t need one but if it works like I think it does I can see consistency in it. Thanks in advance Jason
http://www.precisionperformance.com/power1.htm

John_Heard
Site Admin

#2 Post by John_Heard » Wed May 17, 2006 8:34 am

I've got a Precision Performance Shifter. Biggest con that I've found so far is learning to break the habit of shifting the car myself and remembering to let the controller do it. Guess it's one of those things you have to get used to. I'm using the Cheetah controller on mine. Haven't really worked with it a lot, last year I unhooked it because I kept shifting myself right about the time the shifter would automatically do it, so I unhooked it. Going to mess with it some more next time out, see if I can train myself to keep my hand on the steering wheel instead :roll:

julven

#3 Post by julven » Wed May 17, 2006 4:27 pm

That is what I am after is keeping both hands on the wheel! What made you choose the Cheetah controler? Do you use this controler for anything else? I have a 7530 non T MSD is there any way it could be used to control the shifter? Thanks Jason

John_Heard
Site Admin

#4 Post by John_Heard » Wed May 17, 2006 4:32 pm

That's the controller that Precision recommended, it's just for running the shifter. It has more features than what you really need. I believe some people have used the 7530 shift light circuit - probably with a relay to run the shifter.

julven

#5 Post by julven » Wed May 17, 2006 4:34 pm

THANKS!