swap meet

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

evil16v

Re: swap meet

#46 Post by evil16v » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Hitchcock wrote:Good swap meet!. Lots of good stuff and got some real good deals. Met a few cool board members, Thanks Dave, Sid, Rob. Got a few new shiny things brand new in box, and way cheap! And thanks for the hose reel dad!
So what did Ya wind up selling to get the playback tach? :mrgreen:

The trip home was way less white knuckle! :smt010

Was everything still loaded on the Dodge?
Rob
'70 GS Stage 1, 466 BBB, 11:1,wiesco pistons, stock rod, ported Edelbrock heads, 1.55 rollers, single plain intake, 950 Quickfuel, aeromotive ss pump, TH400, 9" PTC converter, 3.90 12bolt, NOS Mini, NX Single entry Crossbar

aitch o

#47 Post by aitch o » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:06 pm

that tach is a very good first cut data source.
if you remember to push the record button.
telling on myself there.

julven

#48 Post by julven » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:13 pm

I wish it wasn't so far for me I would have came again.Glad it was good.

Hitchcock

#49 Post by Hitchcock » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Let me correct myself a bit from my last post, I wanted to thank Scott with the others, not Dave. Dave does not exist, I know no Dave.

I ended up sellng my old external balance 4.25 crank, my spare msd 6 al, and my old tach and shift light. I ended up taking almost as much money home today as I showed up with friday. Plus I bought a nice set of good year slicks. And a few other odds and ends, air tools and a light weight hood for the car. Then dad and I cut 8 more pounds off of it friday night.

And yeah the dodge was still pretty heavy when it left, but they moved some inventory. You got out of the area just in time, they are predicting a storm tomorrow that could yield 9" of white stuff.
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

evil16v

#50 Post by evil16v » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Hitchcock wrote:
And yeah the dodge was still pretty heavy when it left, but they moved some inventory. You got out of the area just in time, they are predicting a storm tomorrow that could yield 9" of white stuff.
Damn I'm getting tired of snow.... :attack:
Rob
'70 GS Stage 1, 466 BBB, 11:1,wiesco pistons, stock rod, ported Edelbrock heads, 1.55 rollers, single plain intake, 950 Quickfuel, aeromotive ss pump, TH400, 9" PTC converter, 3.90 12bolt, NOS Mini, NX Single entry Crossbar

Hitchcock

#51 Post by Hitchcock » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:36 pm

julven wrote:I wish it wasn't so far for me I would have came again.Glad it was good.

Make you a deal, you come here and I will come to Mokan. :thumb:
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

apacheracing

#52 Post by apacheracing » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:13 am

evil16v said, Was everything still loaded on the Dodge?

HITCHCOCK said,
And yeah the dodge was still pretty heavy , I think evil16v was asking about Ricks stuff/ They were going after that stuff late friday, I did talk to Rick saturday mnorning, but he didnt say anything about it. To fill you guys in on what this is about, here is the story. We met our buddy Rick for breakfast at 6 am before the swap meet, also met up with evil16v, and I didnt see Ricks truck and trailer. He was bringing a load of complete 454s a few small block 5-6 transmissions, WELL somewhere out west on I70, his transfer case blew all over the road, ripped out both drive shafts, e-brake cable, broke off the rear off the trans as well. Basicly junked the whole drive line, PUKED it on the hiway. He ended up leaving the whole mess at a truck stop, getting a rent a wreck to drive. He wasnt sure if anything would be left on his trailer when he got back out there, open flat bed trailer. I will find out today.

evil16v

#53 Post by evil16v » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:27 am

apacheracing wrote:evil16v said, Was everything still loaded on the Dodge?

HITCHCOCK said,
And yeah the dodge was still pretty heavy , I think evil16v was asking about Ricks stuff/ They were going after that stuff late friday, I did talk to Rick saturday mnorning, but he didnt say anything about it. To fill you guys in on what this is about, here is the story. We met our buddy Rick for breakfast at 6 am before the swap meet, also met up with evil16v, and I didnt see Ricks truck and trailer. He was bringing a load of complete 454s a few small block 5-6 transmissions, WELL somewhere out west on I70, his transfer case blew all over the road, ripped out both drive shafts, e-brake cable, broke off the rear off the trans as well. Basicly junked the whole drive line, PUKED it on the hiway. He ended up leaving the whole mess at a truck stop, getting a rent a wreck to drive. He wasnt sure if anything would be left on his trailer when he got back out there, open flat bed trailer. I will find out today.
Ya... that was what I was referring to. :thumb:
Rob

evil16v

#54 Post by evil16v » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:40 am

HITCHCOCK said,
OK.... Now going through your website, I am putting things together. You say you know Garrison? Are you the Guy that he feeds wheel centers to?
Rob

Hitchcock

#55 Post by Hitchcock » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:45 am

aitch o wrote:that tach is a very good first cut data source.
if you remember to push the record button.
telling on myself there.
That is what I was thinking after reading up on them a bit. Now I know why they are 450.00 bucks. But I only paid 175.00 (nib) for it, otherwise I would not have got it.
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

apacheracing

#56 Post by apacheracing » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:03 am

evil16v wrote:

HITCHCOCK said,
OK.... Now going through your website, I am putting things together. You say you know Garrison? Are you the Guy that he feeds wheel centers to?
I dont know him but Brad might, We have been sending our centers to Colorado for chrome.