Mobile Phone Users - What do you use?

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

What kind of Mobile Device to view DragStuff?

Iphone
43%
Android
14%
Blackberry
43%
Ipod
No votes

Total votes: 14

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: Mobile Phone Users - What do you use?

#31 Post by John_Heard » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:55 am

I'm curious what you gain by "rooting" it? Chris got one Friday, so we have two now. Been playing around with lots of apps, fun stuff. Now if I can get Google latitude from thinking I'm in Australia that will be kinda cool also.

sverbus

#32 Post by sverbus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:02 am

Rooting it just allows you to have more control over the battery life and what apps run when and also there are some apps that you cannot get through the Market Place that only run on a rooted phone!

Connecting to wifi and browsing the net is actually enjoyable...not painful like my BB Storm was...ugh :pissed:
'70 Nova
434 small block
Best so far of 10.51 @ 131mph with a best so far 60' /1.46

hsutton

#33 Post by hsutton » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:15 pm

79 Camaro wrote:You just cant beat the iPhone. It has the fastest web searching and does alot of crap. But AT&T signal service blows big time!!! They need to change there slogan from "Fewest dropped calls" to "The most damn dropped calls in the history of cell phone service"...

I cant wait til Apple's contract is up with AT&T and they can sell there phones with other carriers..

I have the Blackberry Tour and I like it alot. Dont get the Blackberry Curve.. that thing is junk

No other phone including crackberry and HTC/droid surf the web near as fast as the iPhone.. But I guess its better than nothing..
The company formerly called Southwestern Bell bought up the sinking company that used to be AT&T. No you have the sorry SWB, calling itself AT&T, but acting even worse than the old SWB ever did. No regulation, no service and a year or two year long contract that they will damned sure enforce on anyone stupid enough to sing up for. John's new Droid has fabulous reception, by far the best ive heard, so far, on a cell phone.

wikd69

#34 Post by wikd69 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:47 am

sverbus wrote:Yes, I finally got a Droid as well...rooted it and have a TON of applications for it. I love that I can tether it to my laptop and be on the net without the "extra" data tethering fee that Blackberrys charge...

ConnectBot might be what you are looking for to connect to your datalogger system...if it uses SSH or telnet or even a local connecting might work to it! I've never messed with a datalogger, so I don't know what types of interfaces they use.

But, yes that would be cool. Finish a run, bring up wifi and pull your data down to the phone and upload it to your home computer immediately and have all your previous runs to compare to.

Not that a laptop doesn't do that as well...but it's still cool to do with a "cell" phone :)

THe default browser on this thing rocks...NO need for another type!

Scott
there ya go, bluetooth data loggers :)
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm