What changes are you making this winter?

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

John_Heard
Site Admin

What changes are you making this winter?

#1 Post by John_Heard » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:14 pm

Ok, just about time to start figuring out what to change on the car this winter. What all do you guys have planned?

For the first time in a few years I don't have any major projects to work on this year. Might put an anti-roll bar in the car, but going to wait to see how it launches on the bottle first. Maybe treat it to a new set of rear shocks. For sure will be adding a few more data logger sensors and gizmos LOL. Love that stuff!!! Should probably paint the hood once I make a decision on what to do for a hood scoop or not.

Might start saving up for a new short block, them dang Oklahoma boys keep building bigger motors!

John

jacobgiles

#2 Post by jacobgiles » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:13 am

new complete wiring harness. bottle heater and hopefully my cage. just finished the new floors and seats. i tried to post a pic but couldnt figure it out.

if i get alot of time on my hands (yea right) im gonna put those new quarter panels on too.

jshiver

#3 Post by jshiver » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:55 am

Cheater Kit,new leaf springs and shocks,BIG fuel system, and clean up some of my wiring (sometimes I get in a hurry and take a few shortcuts :? )..Looks like I am going to be busy the next 3 months :D ..racing down here in the south starts back up on New Years Day :shock: :lol:
It's not the nitrous that causes problems...it's the noggin

Craig W.

#4 Post by Craig W. » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:11 pm

No big changes for me this winter hopefully.

Just bought some better brakes for the front, plan on putting a chute on the back and I need to pull the engine to check the bearings.

Might go with fiberglass inner fenders up front, some better front shocks and I need to tidy up some wiring.

Still waiting to see how the Outlaw 8.5 rules pan out. Not sure yet which way it'll go. Looks like minor changes at this point, but you never know.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

bradpric

#5 Post by bradpric » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:14 pm

Im in for a complete rebuild, I have 2 cars I am working on #1 the 68 Camaro I plan on getting into the low 7's. my car was a solid 9 second car but I need more speed. New engine, trans, fiberglass everything, more nitrous and I guess a better job to pay for it all.
The second car is just a toy. It is a 1962 Mercury Comet S22, I have had it for a couple of years and my plan is to run it on the street. 429,full tube frame and cage, 9" with detroit locker, large input shaft top loader 4 speed. The car is 80% complete, but should be a blast when done.

This is a picture of a model I found on the net, I don't like the color but the car does look cool.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#6 Post by John_Heard » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:06 am

I like the Comet, that's going to look cool. Is that a tear drop scoop on the model? That would be neat. Looks like it will be a cool and unique car.