Additions to web site

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

John_Heard
Site Admin

Additions to web site

#1 Post by John_Heard » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:31 pm

Looking for suggestions for changes, additions, etc. for the web site.

One thing I've been thinking about is a fuel map. Instead of having to go to each manufacturers website to locate who the distributors are and where they are located perhaps a map that has all of them on there might be handy. Any thoughts or suggestions on that?

Anything else you guys would like to see added to the site?

It's approaching winter time where I'll have a bit more time to work on fixing things up.

Thanks - John
Last edited by John_Heard on Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stracer859

#2 Post by stracer859 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:43 pm

maybe a live chat or somethin

John_Heard
Site Admin

#3 Post by John_Heard » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:19 pm

Here's an idea - how about a stolen car/parts system where if you get your stuff stolen you can post details about it and it would email those that would like to catch the assholes that steal race car parts?

Kinda a amber alert deal for stolen race cars, trailers, tow trucks, etc.

If I went to the trouble of building something like this would you guys help get the word out about it? Can you imagine if every racer around got notification within minutes of a car getting stolen? Might increase the chances of catching the crooks.

Rick M

Amber Alert

#4 Post by Rick M » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:55 pm

HEY JOHN DO RACE CARS REALLY GET STOLEN ? BLUE/SILVER MONTE CARLO . HEY SERIOUSLY CONGRATS ON THE CAR LET ME KNOW IF YOUR GOING TO THE TRACK THIS WEEKEND . WE WOULD LIKE TO BRING THE CAR BUT NO REAREND. WE WERE HOPING TO MAKE SOME 1/4 MILE HITS HOPING FOR SOME MID 8'S ON DRAG RADIALS.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#5 Post by John_Heard » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:31 pm

(Rick had his car and trailer stolen last year, luckily they found it a few days later)

Hey Rick, How's it going? We're going to try and go again Sunday at MoKan. I'd really like to make an 8 sec pass in the car before calling it a year. Which radial car are you talking about? Your Monte or Vincent's Bu?

Rick M

#6 Post by Rick M » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:03 am

VINSANTS BU. I SOLD MY CAR NOW I JUST DRIVE JIMS CAR WE RAN 5.67 ON RADIALS LAST SHOOTOUT. SUONDS LIKE YOU HAVE YOUR CAR FLYING.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#7 Post by John_Heard » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:33 am

5.67 ought to be about an 8.7x somewhere abouts, that's great! You guys must have it hooking up good now. I'm making progress, hope to knock another tenth or two off of it this Sunday. Then if weather permits the next Sunday will crank the nitrous up a bit more. I have a grudge race with Chris Fletcher on the 20th which should be a lot of fun.