You and your ride... Post it here get to know everyone...

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

one_fast_camaro

#91 Post by one_fast_camaro » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:12 pm

I'm randall, I'm 27 and I've been married for 5 yrs now. I live in atlanta and they just closed down my closest track to build a subdivision and a kroger :evil: I'm building a 68 camaro that is becoming a show car the longer I work on it. my future plans are to upgrade to a twin turbo ls1 based engine to run on pump gas. but thats gonna have to wait until I can come up with another 10 grand :( heres my car it's under constuction to say the least. I hope to have it going by super chevy here in atlanta in june
Attachments
car pics 135.jpg

MOKANRACER

AWSOME

#92 Post by MOKANRACER » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:02 am

one_fast_camaro wrote:I'm randall, I'm 27 and I've been married for 5 yrs now. I live in atlanta and they just closed down my closest track to build a subdivision and a kroger :evil: I'm building a 68 camaro that is becoming a show car the longer I work on it. my future plans are to upgrade to a twin turbo ls1 based engine to run on pump gas. but thats gonna have to wait until I can come up with another 10 grand :( heres my car it's under constuction to say the least. I hope to have it going by super chevy here in atlanta in june
Awsome is the word.A man after my own heart. LOL Thats certainly the fun part,as long as your wallet will let you. Ive built several drivers,that turned into "show-cars" welcome aboard.

1nicenova

#93 Post by 1nicenova » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:21 pm

Hi,
My Name is Chris. Been lurking here for a while. Decided it was time to register. You guys have a great site. Very imformative site. Here is a pic of my ride. Best et of 11.04 @ 121 last year in street trim. Do not race in a class a our track as we do not have a heads up class yet, will not bracket race. Updating this year with CalTracs and adding the bottle. Not sure which kit yet though.
Attachments
Sept 16 20051701.jpg

John_Heard
Site Admin

#94 Post by John_Heard » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:12 am

Dang, we're getting all kinds of new folks signing up, welcome Clint, Randall and Chris to the site. You've all got some nice cars!

347 people registred here but most are lurking.. Arghh... We're going to have to find something to get everyone talking.. Hmm, maybe a thread about which is best glide or 400? :-)

MOKANRACER

Re: Newbie

#95 Post by MOKANRACER » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:08 am

1nicenova wrote:Hi,
My Name is Chris. Been lurking here for a while. Decided it was time to register. You guys have a great site. Very imformative site. Here is a pic of my ride. Best et of 11.04 @ 121 last year in street trim. Do not race in a class a our track as we do not have a heads up class yet, will not bracket race. Updating this year with CalTracs and adding the bottle. Not sure which kit yet though.
Hi Chris,Welcome to the site. Like John says,a lot of info is available here,just got to get the folks to come on out.

JohnDougherty

#96 Post by JohnDougherty » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:58 am

Hi,
My name is John Dougherty. I own a small camshaft grinding shop in California. I have a few two many projects...
http://drcamshafts.com/projects/
I have 90% of the parts I need. I have the Camaro engine done, 454 with rect port edelbrock heads, brodix HVH intake etc. The 63 Nova needs the connectors and cage installed.
Ever since I got the 71 Nova running the other projects have been sitting. Next step for the '71 is installing the 4.10 12 bolt.

mayhew

#97 Post by mayhew » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:02 am

HI MY NAME CHARLES MAYHEW JUST CAME ACROSS THIS SITE A COUPLE DAYS AGO.BEEN READING A LOT BUT DON'T POST MUCH.
MAYHEW RACE CARS
(479)524-6970

John_Heard
Site Admin

#98 Post by John_Heard » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:02 am

Welcome guys... John you've got a lot of fun projects to work on it looks like!

All you Real Street/Limited Street/EZ Street stock suspension guys need to click on Mayhew's www link and check out the Camaro he's building. Charles me and a few others been talking about your car recently. I've been following your buildup pictures. When do you think you'll have it out?

JohnDougherty

#99 Post by JohnDougherty » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:22 am

Heres a couple of pics of my brother's '56 Chevy. I'm not sure what class
he can run in, but the car just certed for 6.50 and slower.

BBNova

#100 Post by BBNova » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:41 pm

Hello everyone. There are a whole lotta cool cars here. I am new to this site. Just got myself registered.
Well, I am 25 and single. I am in the USAF and spend alot of time in the desert. I am living right now in Abilene, Tx.
I have a 1974 Nova. I would like to have the '68 to '72 front end, but I love her anyway.
Right now it has a 396 bored to a 406. It has posted a best of 7.28 in the 8th. I don't have any plans for a nitrous or forced induction. I do have a Gen IV 454 with 4 bolt mains. Slowly I am going to build a 496 stroker, maybe run alcohol through it. That is the future though. I am still trying to get my current combo dialed in to race points in the Modified ET class at my local track. I bounce between a 7.28 and 7.34.
I will post some pics of the car once I get to a good computer. I am in Kuwait right now. Only a couple of months to go!!

John_Heard
Site Admin

#101 Post by John_Heard » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:39 am

John, your brother's car looks pretty cool. Looks like an Outlaw 10.5 car?

Welcome BBNova, glad to have you here and thank you for your service to our country!

mayhew

#102 Post by mayhew » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:55 pm

LOOKS LIKE MY CAR WILL BE FINISHED THIS SUMMER.I HAVE TO WORK ON CUSTOMER CARS FIRST.I WILL BE POSTING MORE PICS SOON.SHOULD BE PUTTING THE SUB FRAME IN THIS WEEK END.I SEEN THAT BLUE NOVA ON LEMMOND'S WEB SITE A WHILE BACK AND ON MAKO SITE NICE CAR.
MAYHEW RACE CARS
(479)524-6970

JohnDougherty

#103 Post by JohnDougherty » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:33 pm

Beyond wrote:John, your brother's car looks pretty cool. Looks like an Outlaw 10.5 car?
I think he wants to run nostalgia 8.60 heads up for a while and get used to the car. Probably a Reher Morrison crate engine and PG. Get the chassis dialed in, get the car painted etc.
Back in 1980, our mother gave me $900 to buy him a Plymouth duster at a local used car lot. This was a Christmas gift and was supposed to be hidden at a neighbors house until Xmas morning. Well, I went out and found this '56 Chevy instead for $600. My mom was upset at first, but cheered up when I gave her the extra $300. Hard to believe he has had it over 25 years now.

BBnova, any idea how heavy your car is?

BBNova

#104 Post by BBNova » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm

Not sure of the weight. The hood is the only fiberglass on it. I am looking into fiberglass bumpers. I know the 73 and 74 Nova bumpers were made to stop a runaway bus. The driver seat is the only interior, and I finally dropped the stock tank for a 5 gal. fuel cell.

JohnDougherty

#105 Post by JohnDougherty » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:20 pm

I think the 73 fenders are the same as the 70-72's You need the grill stuff is all.
Yeah those bumpers are heavy. I have a 78 nova I was thinking about doing something
with. A friend of mine "donated"it to me. lol. I was interested in it until I found out it
only had a 7.5 rear. It will sit out in the back until I get my other projects done.