Orlando

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Luis

Orlando

#1 Post by Luis » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:20 pm

Did any of you guys make it down or better yet race at Orlando this past weekend? Jusy wondering how that weekend went.

TubbedTruck67

#2 Post by TubbedTruck67 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:02 pm

I was wanting to get down there and watch. Im kinda glad I didnt make it this year. The weather was pretty bad, and they had to call it early. I saw a bunch of videos it looks like when it wasnt raining or cars crashing, that it was a good race.

ytnova

#3 Post by ytnova » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:33 am

There currently is alot of bashing and some hardcore b*tching going on about the race, but I still had a good time. The weather absolutely sucked, it started raining friday and rained off and on for the remainder of the weekend. They finallly called the race and paid some racers sometime monday. Today was the first day it has yet to rain. It seems they payout is what most of the racers are pissed about. I will find out some more details and post it up. I am a little short on time and I will give you guys a run down later today, I almost made the field in heavy street, qualifiying 33rd.

ytnova

#4 Post by ytnova » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:14 pm

O.K. the reason some guys are bashing the race is because when they called the race and made the payouts, they paid the fastest et for the last completed round as the winner and so on. Kinda sounds silly to me, I would have just split all the payout evenly between the remaining racers. I guess some guys had bye runs in the last round and just took a leisurely cruise down the track. As for me, I want to thank john heard for sending me some chassis pics of his car. I replaced the sub frame connectors, moved the leaf springs inboard parellel to each other, moved the shocks inboard behind the diff, and installed slider boxes. I also installed a fuel cell and moved the bottle and battery to the rear of the trunk. I had no testing on the chassis upgrades, so the race was just a test session for me, unfortunately because of the lovely weather, I only got two runs in. The first run, I wanted to make sure the car would get up on the tire and go straight down the track, so I left on the foot brake and put a .5 sec delay in the first 100hp kit, the added the second 100hp kit at 1.5 The car dead hooked to a slow 1.65 sixty foot, but ran a 9.55@148. Not bad, but not earth shattering either, At least it hooked. The second run, I just figured I would leave on the brake, but speed the timers up as well to .2 on the first stage and 1.2 on second stage. The car again dead hooked with a 1.45 sixty foot and ran a 9.33@149. Not too bad, but much more consistant, best of all, the car felt completely tame and went straight as a arrow. I was hoping for another pass, and I was going to step it up a bunch, but mother nature would have none of it. All in all, I am very pleased and now I have a good starting point again. I wasn't even trying to make the heavy street field, but I almost did at 33rd. It seems eveyone was chasing the track conditions.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#5 Post by John_Heard » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:46 am

Good to hear the chassis upgrades worked for you, sounds like it was coming around quickly. It'll be in the 1.30's before you know it now.

ytnova

#6 Post by ytnova » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:21 am

Yeah, I think stepping the first kit up a little with no delay should get it there, I am just worried about it wheelstanding and crushing those lemmon hedders. I am very happy with the way it ran, not too bad for 3560lbs on 275 radials. Once again john, thanks.