another new motorhead

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

another new motorhead

#1 Post by Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:54 pm

Just signed up to the board and wanted to say hi. John I've emailed you before in the past on your chute mount. I finally got around to getting mine installed and works great! Thanks for the pointers! Here's a pic of my car from this past season.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#2 Post by John_Heard » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:41 am

Greetings Nasty Nova - it's Steve right? Nice launch pic.

Glad the parachute mount ideas worked out for you. What parachute did you go with? How do you like packing it?

Rat Patrol

#3 Post by Rat Patrol » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:10 pm

Nice launch!!! What kind of times are you running? I've got to get some pic's of mine posted.

jacobgiles

#4 Post by jacobgiles » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:31 pm

whats up scott!

nastynova

#5 Post by nastynova » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:16 pm

Thanks guys,so far we've been 9.56 @ 140 with a 1.39 60' time on stock suspension. I'm running a 383 Stroker with a dose of giggle gas.
John, yeah the chute packing thing ain't so bad once ya get the hang of it, we went with the Simpson like yours, actually after the first time I was down at eye level putting it back in and the damn pilot chute slipped out of my hand and knocked me right in the head. But yeah the thing works great, I always get crap from the guys at the track(non racing guys) having the chute on there when the car only runs mid 9's........funny thing is none of them have a car there.
I've got some video I'll have to post up, the one you posted of yours John with the shocks is very interesting, my car on launch unloads the left rear tire severely to a point where in a few cases it has come completely off the ground, not sure if it's the excessive body roll or maybe a weak spring. You can kinda get an idea of the body roll by comparing the two pictures I've posted. The passenger side is dropping alot more than the drivers, I know it's common to get some but I think this is a little excessive, the car is caged with a 10 point and tied together with the subframe, running the QA1 Singles in the rear with Caltrac Bars and Stock Mono Leaf and Moroso Drag Coils and CE 3 Ways up front.

John_Heard
Site Admin

#6 Post by John_Heard » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:47 pm

Scott looks like your car could use an anti-roll bar also. That's what I'm planning on putting in mine this winter to help with the problem along with a different shock mount and shocks. I think that will take a lot of twist out but also calm the hit down too.