Cross-Talk

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

BGMAN203

Cross-Talk

#1 Post by BGMAN203 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:45 pm

I have looked on the internet to find out exactly what it is and how it works....found nothing really. Can anyone explain (in plain english) what it exactly is??

Brian

novaz

cross talk

#2 Post by novaz » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Electrically
its interference from one Electrical signal source to another happens in stereo systems and could also happen in the ignition system

BGMAN203

#3 Post by BGMAN203 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:58 pm

Thanks but I met cross talk at the race talk. Its a staging option on most compulink systems.

vegaracer

#4 Post by vegaracer » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:56 pm

Here is an explination from compulink: "This official release from Compulink further explains how the new CrossTalk system works:

“A new option, named "CompuLink CrossTalk" can be used in all electronics classes that use the full tree allowing top bulb cross over.

“With this option, the tree can stay completely blinded with the amber lights focused directly at the driver. The top amber light in each lane will activate with the start of the slower dialed car's tree countdown, the slower car's tree will continue on its normal .5 second countdown to green.

“The faster car's top light will stay on for the standard .5 second duration plus the amount of handicap between the two lanes, and then it will continue to countdown after that at the .5 sec countdown to green.” "
Feenstra's Towing

1973 Vega
434 SBC, N.A.
Powerglide
9.01 @ 146

BGMAN203

#5 Post by BGMAN203 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:56 am

Thanks for the explination. Does anyone race in a class like this? If so, is it advantageous for the faster car or the slower dialed car?

vegaracer

#6 Post by vegaracer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:46 pm

I've only run the last three races with this and I think with crosstalk or even just a delay box where you can leave off the other guy's top yellow there is no real advantage. It really all comes down to personal preference, but if i'm the slow car i like to be within a half tenth of the other car. If i'm fast car, i want to be as much quicker than the other guy as i possibly can be.
Feenstra's Towing

1973 Vega
434 SBC, N.A.
Powerglide
9.01 @ 146

70NOVA

#7 Post by 70NOVA » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:05 am

i have used it it makes it easer you look at your side of the tree all the time just put both of your dials in the box and make sure you have a cross over box

Stickshifter 55

Cross talk

#8 Post by Stickshifter 55 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:57 am

All cross talk did was shut up the slow guys who complained about the fast guy with a crossover box leaving off their top bulb. Now the tree is completely blinded BUT the fast guy still leaves off the slower guy’s top bulb. The only difference is both top bulbs go on at the same time so technically both sides are in fact reacting to their own side of the tree. IMO it is a waste of effort. If they simply blinded the tree from the beginning I would never have need a crossover box in the first place. Now the tree is blinded but I still need a crossover box because my top light goes on when my slower competitors top light goes on. The irony is for a racer racing in the box class with no box at all. In the event he gives the head start he is left staring at a stalled tree that suddenly continues its count down. If that driver has a rhythm that uses all three ambers, he is all out of whack with the stagnant top bulb.

70NOVA

#9 Post by 70NOVA » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:24 am

if you put an n infront of your dial and you are the faster car most tracks will turn the cross talk off so your not looking at a stalled tree :lol: