window net installation

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

kyleracer

net

#31 Post by kyleracer » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:19 am

Wow, I thought street racing was bad ! :shock: There I saw a guy using a dog chain for a seat belt once. :lol: The tracks around here even look under your car after your burnout for leaks. Maybe we are too close to Wash. D.C. where there are more lawyers than garages to do crazy things like you guys get away with. I only run 8's and use a hans and diaper. Maybe because a close friend blew up at the line at 165mph and turned left into the wall from the right lane is why I am safety minded :wink: He had a knee replaced and lost part of his sight but lived to tell ! I was even glad to see metal guard rails removed from all NHRA tracks :D

sverbus

#32 Post by sverbus » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:52 am

Yeah, National Trails here in Columbus Ohio are pretty good, they inspect the car pretty darn good. The last street race that I ever was in had a guy on my right hand side, with a 03 Camaro with lots done to the drivetrain and had recently added a fogger system. This kid had more money than brains and when he smashed 3rd in his Lenco (yeah you read that right) he broke a STOCK axle on the left hand side which obviously put him directly in front of me and into the guard rail.

Luckily for me, I was losing, badly...and so all I did was get out of it, and get hard on the brakes. Then turned around and called 911 to help peel his car out of the barrier. :\

I haven't street raced since cause my wife about had a heart attack and the next day I ordered my bar and harness.
'70 Nova
434 small block
Best so far of 10.51 @ 131mph with a best so far 60' /1.46