Having a fiberglass hood shipped

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

496StrokerOlds

Having a fiberglass hood shipped

#1 Post by 496StrokerOlds » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:47 am

Hey everyone! I was just curious if there is anyone from the Houston area that might know of a place that would package a fiberglass hood and also ship it? I have been in contact back and forth with a guy that lives in the Houston area that is getting me pics of a fiberglass hood he has that he is looking to sell. It is a fiberglass hood that has the cowl induction on it. It was off a 76 Ventura so obviously it will fit right on my car. He just didnt seem to excited of preparing it to ship so I thought if things work out and I do end up getting the hood what would be my options to get it to me? Whether that means I convince the guy to package it and know it will be OK or have him drop it off to a shipping place and let them do it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I forgot to mention, I live in Pennsylvania.

Thanks!

mytmouz

#2 Post by mytmouz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:58 am

The UPS Store will do it, I shipped one to Canada via them earlier this year. Since they boxed it, they sent it via the regular truck rather than truck freight, since it was oversized.
Trucks are for haulin...

496StrokerOlds

#3 Post by 496StrokerOlds » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:29 am

Thanx for the reply tporter_02. I figured there were companies that did that kind of thing, but it has been awhile since I shipped anything of that size and couldnt remember how the procedure went.

kyleracer

hood

#4 Post by kyleracer » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:37 am

Just be careful on the shipping costs from tex. You can check with local truckers or trucking companies and see if there is a truck going down there that can pick it up and pay after inspection for you. :-) I bought stuff from there -also live in pa- and the shipping can be very high thru UPS/FEDX/etc. Make sure it is packed real good and has insurance. DHL is cheap but we get alot of damaged items from them. The parts I bought from Tex all 3 times were very slow in shipping and took the last guy forever to ship it. I thought he was going to rip me off but after 2 1/2 months he finally came thru after a local called him for me and told him he would stop buy and get my money back. Scared me so bad that I only buy from locals where I can meet and pay or reg companies where you can return if it not right. Pay with a credit card or paypal etc. if you can that way you have a little safety 8-)