Best lens/pair of glasses for night racing?

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

J Murphy

Best lens/pair of glasses for night racing?

#1 Post by J Murphy » Thu May 28, 2009 9:50 am

I did a forum search for "glasses" and nothing came up.

Has anyone used any certain helmet lens or pair of glasses (like the Deist Driving Glasses) that claims to improve driving at night? Mostly I'm looking for something to reduce the intense glare of the tree at night while still letting me see safely headed down track.

Thanks!

bracketracer

Re: Best lens/pair of glasses for night racing?

#2 Post by bracketracer » Fri May 29, 2009 7:53 pm

I have and use them and it helped me a lot as where I race the sun is directly on the tree and real hard to see and the glare is terrible....Just be careful when the sun goes down and you take them off as your reaction time will pick up alot :shock: .........

J Murphy

Re: Best lens/pair of glasses for night racing?

#3 Post by J Murphy » Sat May 30, 2009 8:13 am

bracketracer wrote:I have and use them and it helped me a lot as where I race the sun is directly on the tree and real hard to see and the glare is terrible....Just be careful when the sun goes down and you take them off as your reaction time will pick up alot :shock: .........
Thank you for your reply. I have a wonderful pair of Oakley sunglasses I use for daytime racing that work very well. Typically all the tracks I frequent are daytime racing, but I've decided I want to travel a little more this year and that means I will encounter some night racing. I went to Edgewater in Ohio a little earlier this year and I wore my sunglasses there (a night racing track) to help reduce the glare on the tree you are talking about. I only did it though because Edgewater does a wonderful job at lighting the racing surface after sundown. I didn't know if those amber-shaded lenses or glasses reduced that nighttime tree glare while still letting me see if I ever go to a poorly lit track.