LT1 OR LS1

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

dannyman

LT1 OR LS1

#1 Post by dannyman » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:00 pm

I KNOW THAT THE LS1 IS BETTER AND MAKES MORE POWER BUT IS IT WORTH TAKING OUT MY LT1 TO PUT IN A LS1 WOULD IT BE WORTH IT OR SHOULD I JUST BEEF UP MY LT1 ANYONE WITH ANY INFO ON GOOD SETUP FOR 1995 Z28 6 SPEED LT1 CAR LOOKING TO KEEP ON DA STREET AND TAKE IT TO THE TRACK FOR SOME 1/8 RACING THANKS P.S LOOKING TO RUN PROCHARGER
Attachments
5960801.jpg

invegarating

Re: LT1 OR LS1

#2 Post by invegarating » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:09 pm

I think the biggest drawback to the lt-1 is the lack of a good cylinder head for it...well that and the optispark or whatever it is called,it is not in a good spot!

If I was going to put a supercharger on it and run it on the street than I would leave the lt-1 in it even with the weaker head the supercharger will crutch that up well enough for a great street ride.

You can do a search for "jakes z-28" ,I think his car is the same year as yours and he even fabricates some parts for them and I think he said his Camaro was the fastest lt-1 car for awhile(I think it runs 8.90's on spray) he could steer you in the right direction on the lt-1 stuff.

But if you do decide to go the ls-1 route you will not be dissapointed,I have a 2000 Trans Am WS-6, ram air, ls-1 that is all stock that I love...f-bodys are a real joy to drive!